Friday, May 28, 2010

Big Milestone!



This week Grace accomplished yet another milestone. She has been sleeping in her big girl bed for two nights now and I'm happy to report that she's done very well!! YAY!! We got her all tucked in on the first, big night and I left the room in tears (surprise I know!). I know every parent says this, but how in the world is Grace ALREADY big enough to be in her very own big girl bed when it feels like she was born yesterday!!??!?!?!? I started getting all sentimental (again, big surprise) and starting thinking back to the day she was born and watching her sleep in the bassinet next to my hospital bed. Then I remember watching her sleep in the cradle next to our bed (where she flashed her first, big smile). And then came the day (8 weeks old) when we put her in her crib for the very first time. She looked SO teeny, tiny in that big ol' crib and Matt had to tell me she would be ok at least 5 zillion times. Then came the first time we lowered her mattress and then the second. And here we are and Grace is already 28 months old and she is OUT of her crib and into a twin-size bed like a big ol' kid!

We wondered how long it would take before she would be out of her bed and playing with who knows what on the floor or trying to escape her room altogether. We didn't hear much in the monitor and we didn't know whether that was good or bad! Now would've been a GREAT time to have one of those video monitors! I checked on her after a while and she was all curled up under her covers sleeping like a baby! She didn't get out of her bed once! When she woke up in the morning, she just started talking like usual and I went into get her.......and she was still in her bed! The same routine happened during her nap the next day. I didn't hear much going on over the monitor and this is what I found when I went into check on her! How cute!!
This morning was a little different than the last. I usually wake up to Grace talking or "reading" whatever book she has in her bed. This morning I just heard her door slowly open and then she said, "Oh no! Mommy still sleeping!" HAHAHA! I started cracking up and she jumped into bed with me for a few minutes while we (meaning I) woke up. Grace took me into her room and showed me how she "escaped" without me even asking. She said, "See Mommy." Sort of like.....ummmm did you think these bed rails would keep me in this bed for long?!? I don't think so!!
I put her in bed for her nap this afternoon and it was about 10 minutes later that I heard a crash on the monitor. GREAT! I slowly opened her door and Grace was standing right there with a BUSTED look on her face!! I tried not to laugh and put her back in bed. 5 minutes later I heard another crash. And once again she was out of bed BUT trying to quickly get back in when she heard me coming. I have yet to figure out what the crash is that I'm hearing. It's not Grace because she can slip in and out of that bed with ease now! Hopefully, the threat of going back to the "baby bed" will keep her IN bed this time! Now would be a great time to set up our video camera in her room and just press record! You all might see a good video VERY soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment