Monday, May 24, 2010

A Little Babies "R" Us Humor.....

I had to post a little something about my trip to Babies "R" Us over the weekend because I can't stop laughing about it. On Saturday morning, we had a garage sale over at a friend's house (thanks again Amy for letting us take over your house). I had a whole list of items I wanted to purchase with the "earnings" and I was silently cheering "Big Bucks, Big Bucks" starting Friday night. After the sale, I came home for a quick lunch and then headed out to do my shopping while Matt and Grace napped (yes I said Matt too! Poor thing is still working ohhhhhh around 175hrs a week).
One of the items at the top of my list to purchase was a water table for Grace. You see, I've been trying to accumulate several outside toys over the last couple of months since we won't be constantly on the go (like we are now) once the baby arrives. I was so excited when I spotted one at Babies "R" Us last week that was on sale AND I had a 20% off coupon for any one baby item!! That would make it $10 cheaper than the retail price! (It may only be $10, but when it's something I really want AND I can get a deal on it I get EXTREMELY excited!) I made Babies "R" Us one of my first stops, went right in, grabbed the water table, and headed for the cash registers. The cashier asks, "Do you have any coupons?" To which I replied a VERY excited, "YES!" She scanned the coupon and says, "Oh the water table isn't considered a "baby item." It's considered a toy in the computer system and I can't allow you to use the coupon." Say, what?!?!? Talk about a let down! I still ended up buying it since it was on sale for $5 off the normal retail price. AND Grace loves it so I'm glad I went ahead and bought it.
Let me rewind a bit to the original point of my post. Babies "R" Us is always an interesting place to go if you're a people watcher. I usually end up laughing the whole way to my car because I'm thinking.....been there, done that! You will always find newly pregnant women who still feel good and are so excited to be there registering for their little bundle of joy. You can hear them talking about items that are "must-haves" but what you really want to tell them is, trust me, you'll never use that dumb thing! You'll find women who are completely lost, looking through a friend's baby registry, and walking around the store VERY slowly. You'll find women who are VERY pregnant and picking up those last few items they need before their baby arrives all while trying to keep their pants pulled up, trying not to burp (or worse!) and taking long, deep breaths with every item they place in their cart. You'll see new dads who have been sent on a mission to get essentials such as diapers, wipes, and formula while his wife sits at home with the baby crying because she hasn't left the house in DAYS! You'll see the new moms with their teeny, tiny babies who can barely keep their eyes open and look completely exhausted all while calculating the number of minutes they have left in their 2-hour window before the next feeding. And then you'll see moms like me who are filled with anticipation because 1) I am by myself so I can take as long as I want. 2) I am so excited because the item I want is on sale AND I have a coupon (if I only knew!) 3) Can look around and see those women at different stages of life while laughing to myself because we've all been there. 4) Leaving the parking lot and realizing, CRAP that's about to happen all over again!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!! The next time you're at Babies "R" Us, take a minute to look around and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about!
On a completely other topic, Matt got Grace's "new" bed all painted over the weekend! He and Blake (bless his heart and thank you again!!) brought all the furniture upstairs and her room is finally starting to come together!! YAY! We still need to get her chair rail and accessories on the walls. Her new bedding is in the wash as I type and tonight (hopefully) will be her first night in her big girl bed! I'll take pictures and will update you all on how this transition goes.........fingers are crossed!!!

2 comments:

  1. Katie, you are SO right! Hope Grace does well in her new bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I love your description of Babies R Us! Sooooo true! :)
    Btw...what brand of water table did you get? I've been looking at the Step 2 arctic splash one. Curious what you got...
    I was thinking Clara and Isaac would have a blast having a water table around this summer. Oh and it may just buy me some time while they are ever so occupied with it! ;0 ;0

    ReplyDelete