Monday, May 17, 2010

WHOA Baby!!




I had my first two-week check-up today and wanted to give you all an update on the progress of our little kung foo fighter. The results from my glucose test came back fine and I don't even need to take an iron supplement with this pregnancy! YAY! My weight and blood pressure are still in check which was nice to hear. Don't get me wrong........I still wear the most light-weight, maternity clothing I have and take out every kleenex, hair pin, etc. that I have in my pocket before stepping on those scales! Anyway, back to my appointment today. During my initial sit-down discussion with my doctor, I told her that I was anxious to see what my belly was measuring because I felt that it had grown SIGNIFICANTLY over the last couple of weeks. I got up on the table and heard the heartbeat (ahhhh always a wonderful sound!) and then she measured my belly. Dr. B said, "Well you're already measuring at 31 weeks!" Say what?!?!? You see I won't even be 30 weeks pregnant until Wednesday! Oh and does this mean I'm going to have a huge, honker of a baby!?!? Hang on a second while I vomit over the side of the table. She asked how big Grace was because she couldn't remember........7lbs, 0.5oz! While this didn't seem to phase her, it has obviously struck a cord with me! She said we'll "keep an eye on it" and if I'm still measuring ahead of schedule at my next appointment, I'll have an ultrasound to get some measurements and see if I'm having a litter (just kidding about the second part)!

Some of you are thinking so you measured a week and a half ahead of schedule. What's the big deal? Ummmm what you don't understand is that my Papa John weighed in at a whopping 12lbs!!!! SWEET!! And quite frankly, getting a 7-pounder into this world was enough for me to handle! Am I overreacting.......maybe. OR MAYBE NOT!!! We'll see what happens on June 1st!!

Onto another subject....please help keep me distracted here people. We made some more progress after our second weekend in the nesting phase. A whole lot of stripping took place in our house over the weekend. I'm referring to Matt stripping the 8 thousand layers of paint off of Mom's old bed.....not the other kind of stripping. Keep your minds out of the gutter people! He was finally able to finish stripping the old paint but couldn't get the right set-up arranged to spray on the new paint. It was too humid and raining the entire weekend so he couldn't do it in the yard. That's ok though because it gave me a chance to get Grace's new room painted! YAY! I was initially going for a cute-sophisticated-little princess-like room with soft pinks or purples. I wanted it to be a kid's room, yet still adult-friendly. Well it has turned out to be anything but that! I chose a bedding that has Grace written all over it. You see she is a social, extremely talkative, very bubbly and animated child (no idea where she gets that)! The soft, pastel bedding choices just didn't do it. The LOUD bedding with BRIGHT colors kept calling to me. Her bedding has 3 different patterns in it all with BRIGHT colors! It sounds awful, but it's pretty darn cute. Then came time to choose the paint color for the walls. I took her pillowcase to Lowe's and went with the same green in her bedding. When I say green, I don't mean a sage, celery, or any other soft green. I'm talking about a "you've just been slimed on Nickelodeon" green!! I thought I was going to hate it initially, but it started growing on me after a couple coats. The white bedroom furniture will soften it and we also bought a white chair rail that we'll put 2/3 up the wall (I went with your suggestion, Mom). To say it's bright would be a bit of an understatement! Grace might need to wear one of those sleeping masks just to go to sleep I'm not sure. Although when she first walked in and saw the color she said, "Mommy the green stuff is blootiful!" Awwww ok, ok we'll keep it! The way I look at it is I can always repaint it if I decide it's TOO bright. But for now, we're going with it!
And finally, I didn't want to write something and NOT post a picture of Miss Thang! We had our first visit to the Splash Pad last week and Grace is modeling her new swim suit and shades! Her pose is hysterical and it almost looks like she's trying to suck in her gut! HAHAHA! The other picture is Grace wearing a random hat I found in our coat closet as I was getting it organized last week (I bought some more totes and was SO excited to get some more things organized!!!). She has fallen in love with it and it joined her other dress-up clothes in her new dress-up tote!! YAY for totes!!






1 comment:

  1. Seriously, that pic of Grace in the swimsuit is HILARIOUS!! I've looked at it several times laughing! She IS standing like she is holding her gut in!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

    ReplyDelete