Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!



I now have 3 Mother's Days under my belt, and this one just might have topped the charts!
We didn't go anywhere elaborate or go to any fancy restaurants, but that is EXACTLY what I wanted to do! We have officially decided to stay put in our house for now, and my "nesting to-do list" keeps getting longer and longer. Yep, it's the phase of my pregnancy that I'm sure Matt dreads from the moment we see two lines on the pregnancy test! :) I requested that we start on a few things so I can start marking things off the list. Poor Matt, bless his heart, has been working VERY LONG hours these days (yes even longer than normal) and he worked ALL weekend trying to get Grace's new bedroom furniture sanded, painted, and ready to go so we can move her into her big girl room. Oh wait did I mention that before he could start that, he had to move ALL of our guest bedroom furniture and some (or a truckload) of other things from the garage to storage?!? Yeah needless to say, he was ready to take a nap when Grace went down......but he didn't. By Sunday night, he had all the furniture sanded, painted, attached the new hardware, completely cleaned out the garage and various closets by loading up ALL OF OUR STUFF, grilled a nice supper, and still listened while I talked about what else I have on our to-do list! Now THAT makes this pregnant woman's Mother's Day any year!!
Don't worry, I didn't just sit on the sidelines and watch while all this was going on and Matt was breaking his back. I held up my end of my bargain......just without any major lifting! :)



Sunday morning, Grace came into the bathroom where I was getting ready for church and said, "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!" That's all I needed for the rest of the day! She proudly showed me a card where she wrote her own name and continues to point to it every time she notices it! She also made me a little gift while she was in the nursery at church. It included a poem that I will keep tucked away and start crying every time I read it b/c......well I'm a sap just like my mom!
I treated Grace to some ice cream (or a yogurt pop....thanks Erica for the recipe!) after her nap while I gave her her first pedicure! She keeps looking at her toes and saying, "Mommy my toenails are blootiful!!"
I also wanted to wish my mom a Happy Mother's Day! Without your guidance, support, and influence, I would not be the mom that I am today. I now fully understand the reasoning behind many of your parenting decisions and reactions to anything involving your offspring. I'm referring to your uncanny ability to cry when we stepped up to the plate at a softball game, played in a volleyball tournament, or just looked at your with crossed eyes because I'm right there with you now!! Oh my! I knew I didn't stand a chance when I started crying as Disney on Ice started!! HAHAHA!!
Thank you to Matt for giving me the chance to become a mother and for working your tail off so I can be a stay-at-home mommy! It may be challenging at times, but it is by far the most rewarding job I could every think of. And I wouldn't trade it for the world!!
Happy Mother's Day to Great Nana, Grandma, Carrie, Maggie, Laura and any other mother who reads this blog!! Now let's start a petition to get this thing on the calendar twice a year!!!! :)

Happy
Mother's
Day!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated Mother's Day Katie. It sounds like you had a fantastic one! Aren't we blessed beyond belief to be mommas?!?! :) I hope you are feeling well with baby #2! Thinking of you...
    Btw...the yogurt pops look delicious. Send me the recipe if you get time!

    ReplyDelete