Tuesday, June 29, 2010

One Quiet House!







A couple of months ago, I had this bright idea that I would send Grace to Indiana for a few days so I could get some last minute things checked off my to-do list before Baby's G's arrival....................and then I really started to think about what I did. As the date approached, I got more and more emotional about her leaving. Was this really a good idea???








I decided to go with it, and she left with Mom and Dad on Father's Day afternoon. Grace was talking about going to Nana and Papa's and getting ice cream for a good couple of weeks beforehand. She was excited and ready to load up in the car, but kept asking Matt and I to sit down as we were buckling her in her car seat. I started getting nervous that she was going to get upset so Matt and I quickly went back into the house. As usual, she did fine and it was me that an emotional wreck after they left! What I really wanted to do was sit down, watch a sad movie, and feel sorry for myself.......and then I remembered that 1. this was MY idea and 2. I needed to get off my rear and get to that to-do list that was a mile long!! I had periods of small breakdowns when I would wake up and see her empty bed or hear her little, squeaky voice talking to Matt on the phone. Grace is my constant, little companion and it was SO strange not to have her with me 24/7. I can't remember this house ever being so quiet. She starts talking from the second she opens her eyes until the end of the day when has finally gave in to exhaustion. And there's rarely a dull moment in our house with her excitement and dramatics! So needless to say, by Wednesday I was having full conversations with Pete! HAHA!!







Grace had a blast in Indiana. She got spoiled rotten with ice cream after every meal, new toys and clothes galore, gator rides, and LOTS of hugs and kisses!!

She got to spend time some much needed time with Sophie, Vince, and Ava who she hasn't seen since January. Grandma and Jack took her for her first visit to the Wonder Lab which I hear she was THRILLED about!





























I left to get her on Thursday morning, and could not wait to squeeze my little punkin' head! I spent a couple days with her until it was time to head south. I wish we could've stayed longer, but we had to head back to TN on Saturday to get back to the daily grind.





Thank you to everyone involved who took such good care of Grace!! I know she ate up every minute, BUT I was so happy to have her back home!






No comments:

Post a Comment