Friday, July 2, 2010

Thankful!



When we moved to Knoxville, I was anxious, excited, nervous, etc. all at the same time. We didn't have ANY family within a 5-hour radius and we knew only a few people who were also moving with Bowen. Here we are over 4 years later, and I feel so thankful for the friends we have made who have become our family away from "home." Whether we met them through work, our neighborhood, MOMS clubs, etc., we definitely feel the southern hospitality that Tennessee has to offer. These folks offer to help out with Grace when I'm in a bind, bring meals without question after babies are born, look after Pete when we're out of town, and would honestly give

me the shirts off their backs if I asked! We have such a wonderful support group around us and I wish I could express my gratitude to each and every one of them.
Lauren (our next-door neighbor and one of my closest friends in Knoxville) held a baby shower for Erica (also a neighbor and very close friend) and I a few weeks ago. And last weekend, Misty (fellow "Bowen wife" and close friend) also threw me a baby shower. Forget all the baby goodies that come along with showers, it's just nice to get these different groups of ladies together so we can catch up on each other's lives.......and of course eat some cake, brownies, and rice krispies treats!! :) The closet in our nursery is now packed full of diapers and wipes!! We also received bibs, burp cloths, boppy cover, changing pad cover, rattles, butt paste, baby wash, AND a gift card to A Dinner A'Fare!! This includes 6 meals that a chef will prepare for me and I can bring them home to freeze for after the baby arrives!! WHO HOO!!!! Someone (Amy) was also sweet enough to remember Grace and got her a big sister gift (which she loves)!
I feel SO fortunate to have these women in my life! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all that you have done for me and my family since we arrived in VOL country!!

No comments:

Post a Comment