Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Father's Day!




This post is A TAD late, but better late than never! We had a great Father's Day weekend and got to celebrate the big day with Nana and Papa. They stopped to see us on their way back from Florida with plans to take Grace back to Indiana for a few days.

Grace LOVES her daddy and she has a small party every night when he gets home from work. What a great feeling that is to have someone SO excited to see you every time you walk in the door! She usually whips out one of her "tricks" before he sits down for dinner just to make sure he's still watching her. Her eyes light up when he walks in the room or when she talks to him on the phone to tell him she went potty. She loves helping him water the flowers (and spraying him occasionally), watching him mow the "green grass", making Pete "run", and playing "toys." Every night after dinner, I hear "Daddy come play toys with me" at least 12 times before bedtime. There is nothing sweeter than watching a daddy play with his little girl!
Matt - I couldn't ask for a better father for Grace. From the minute she was born, I could tell that she had forever changed you and already had you wrapped around her finger. I remember you saying, "How am I ever going to say no to her?" before she was 24hrs old. (Please remember this Grace when you're 16 and wanting him to buy you a car!) I can't wait to see what's in store for us after Baby G's arrival! Happy Father's Day!!
I also want to say Happy Father's Day to my dad! You are everything that a little girl could ask for in a dad! You have more PATIENCE than anyone I know. That's a good thing since you raised 3 girls!! :) You even went to the store when we ran out of "feminine products" and just asked us what "flavor" we needed!! (Sorry, I had to include that b/c it still cracks me up!) I always looked up to you as a kid and couldn't understand why I couldn't take off my shirt to mow like you did! Hahahaha! I know I don't say it enough, but thank you for everything you have done (and continue to do) for me!


Finally, Grace helped Nana make a peach pie for our dessert. It was quite comical to watch and apparently she has the same problem I do..............................................................................







it's really hard to wait on something SO good!!!!!
Happy
Father's
Day!!!

1 comment: