Thursday, July 16, 2009

First Visit to the ER



Well it was bound to happen eventually, but I didn't think Grace would have her first emergency room visit at the ripe age of 17 months!! She started fevering on Saturday, and we were able to bring it down to 100 by that evening. After a sluggish couple of days, she woke up at midnight on Monday morning with a temperature of 104!! Yep, that was enough to scare the life right out of me! Two vomiting spells later, we arrived at the ER. Unfortunately, she got sick in her carseat as soon as we pulled up. I rushed her inside while poor Matt went back to the house to get us ALL a few outfit changes......just in case. Don't think I'm a horrible mom. I had her all snuggled up in her blanket until the doctor told me she was burning up and didn't need it......ok so I thought it was her safety net! Grace was such a trooper and only cried for a second when they took her blood and inserted an IV line! You can see her checking it out in the last picture. By 4am, all tests came back negative and we were told she simply had a virus and it needed to run its course. While we'll likely pay a few hundred dollars for the doctor to give her more Tylenol and Ibuprofen, there's nothing like the feeling of relief when he looked at us and said she would be fine!! AHHHHHHHHHH!



The next few days involved lots of cuddling, napping, and watching every known episode of The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse at least 5 times (I'm quite sure Grace has developed a slight addiction to "Mick"). Hey, if that's what my sick baby wants, that's what she's going to get! Instead of movie quotes, Matt and I now speak "Mickey Mouse" and walk around the house doing the hot dog dance!
Needless to say, Grace is on the mend and even got to enjoy her new cozy coupe today!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh poor Gracie girl! How awful. She is such a brave little girl. Jalen said he would like to watch Mick with Grace sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that she is okay. Love the blog. Wish I was better about posting stuff on ours. And now I have the Hot Dog song in my head and I am envisioning you guys dancing and singing it. Funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber,

    Yea! Another blog to stalk! :) Yep, we do the hot dog dance on a daily basis in this house! Gotta' love "Mick"!

    ReplyDelete