Tuesday, July 21, 2009

18 Month Check-up

I can't believe it, but in two days my baby girl will be 18 months old! We had Grace's check-up today, and it appears she is right on track. She is now a whopping 23lbs, 4.5oz and measures 31.5 inches long (that's 50th percentile for weight and 60th for height). I once again was cracking up when Dr. McColl said her head circumference measured just above the 90th percentile!! We all have big heads on the Harding side, and I have fond memories of my mom cutting the sides of my sweaters so I could fit my big melon through them!! If I remember correctly, there was even an incident that involved plastic wrap......but I don't need to get into that one huh, mom!! hahaha I've always laughed silently to myself at Grace's previous appointments when her doctor would say, "We don't need to be worried until she surpasses the 95th percentile!" But today I just couldn't hold it in! After I told Dr. McColl why I was hysterically laughing he said, "You know some people like to make excuses and some people like to own it. I like it that you're owning it!" Needless to say, we had a good laugh! Way to go Harding genes. I like to see us "big heads" living on!! Anyway, Grace didn't seem mind her appointment today. She kept saying, "there you go" after every poke and prod from the nurse and doctor. She did get two shots today, but only cried for a minute and got immediately distracted by her Dora band-aids! I also asked the doc what he recommended for discipline at this stage in the game. While I knew what was about to come out of his mouth, the "Lifetime movie" part of me thought he would say just count to 5, click your heels together 3 times, and sing the hot dog song and you shouldn't have anymore problems. When in all reality he said redirection is my best bet!! WHAT! I guess I'll have to deal with toddler fits like the rest of the world.......I hear a good cage and dead bolts do wonders!! :)

As for other updates, Grace had one more tooth pop through and has 3 more that have almost made their appearance. I'm assuming this is why she has been getting up at 6:15am and taking naps that are less than one hour. If not......we have a problem houston!! :) I'm pretty sure her middle name should've been SASSY with a captial S because she is full of it these days! She LOVES to throw food off of her highchair directly after smashing it in her hands and watching it ooze out of in between her fingers......good thing Matt is in charge of bath time these days! :) We generally undress Grace on her changing table and let her walk into the bathroom for her bath. (Of course, this is after she gets her entourage of stuffed animals into the bathroom and arranges them on the toilet and sink so she can have an audience!) Occasionally, she likes to take a pit stop and leave us a little surprise on the carpet! I always know what has happened when Matt yells, "Clean up on aisle 4!" There's nothing cuter than watching her naked, little bum run towards the bathtub though!! I'm happy to report that her "Mick" obsession has calmed down over the past few days. I was about to start searching for some 12-step programs to get her enrolled in! Grace also loves to play outside. I was finally able to find a cozy coupe car at a consignment sale last weekend, and she has absolutely fallen in love! Let's just say when it's time to come inside, I generally feel the need to count to 5, click my heels together 3 times, and sing the hot dog song!

That's about all I have from this end of the world. Happy half-birthday to Gracie!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, what would we do without you, Miss SASSY? Good for a laugh any day!

    ReplyDelete