Friday, June 11, 2010

First Swim of the Year!



It's been a HOT week in TN!! With temperatures hovering around 90 degrees, it's been a great week to slather up with sunscreen and head to the pool! Our neighbors, Erica (who is also pregnant and due 2 weeks before me) and Jackson, joined us both days. I'll be the first to admit that I'm am the biggest pansy when the water is cold and it takes a little coaxing to EASE my way into the water.......something that Grace doesn't seem to understand! :) The water felt great after a while and felt REALLY good on our pregnant bellies! Ahhhh relief!!
I got Grace some floaties and a boat to sit in last weekend and I was hoping that this year she would want to get right in. She sat in the boat for a few rides on the first day but just wanted to throw it in the water on the second. She really isn't keen on her floaties quite yet, but I'm hoping she'll warm up to them after a few more visits. Grace and Jackson loved playing on the steps and filling up cups, throwing balls, and blowing bubbles. BUT I think Grace enjoyed running around the pool and throwing her floaties in the water a million times the most! Her swimming lessons start on June 28th. If running around the pool is one of the lessons Grace will need to learn, she'll be a top notch student!








Time for a goldfish break and this mommy to get some sun!! As my friend Julie says, "If you can't lose it, tan it!" Or something like that!










Nothing could top the excitement of finding a frog in the pool filter today! Luckily, Andy (Erica's husband) showed up in time to get it out. Normally, I wouldn't have a problem reaching in and getting it myself. However, today the frog was surrounded by some sort of foreign hair and slime that I wasn't about to touch! GAG!!!













I'm sure the 4 of us will make our swimming trips more frequent the closer we get to our due dates and as we need more relief from the back pain, swelling, extra weight, etc. that the 3rd trimester brings along!! And hopefully by the end of the summer, I will be able to report that I have a little fish that doesn't want to stay out of the water! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment