Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fun filled weekend in Tennessee!





Last Friday, Grace and I headed down to Pigeon Forge for a long, overdue reunion with my old college roomie, Susan, and her mom, Jeri! I was SO excited since it has been 7 years since I have seen them! I got to meet Susan's two, beautiful girls, Maya and Riley, and we tried to catch up on each other's lives in about an hour. This turned out to be a little daunting considering we met at a restaurant for lunch and two out of the three little ones were ready for their naps! :)

I got a little teary-eyed as I was driving home thinking about the good ol' days and how much fun we had! And all of the sudden I blinked, and there we sat seven years, two husbands, and 3 kids later......between the two of us of course! :) It's amazing how quickly time passes in our "busy" lives. I already can't wait until next year. Sus, maybe we can meet during nap time so we can have a conversation without patrolling over who is eating their macaroni and cheese, trying to wipe off the entire bowl of jelly off of clothing, asking why my daughter has 3 tubs of butter in her mouth, and trying to find lost pacifiers!! hahahaha




On Saturday morning, we headed downtown for the Race for the Cure. We have walked with the Bowen team for 3 years now. Unfortunately, our team was A LITTLE small this year, but we still had fun nonetheless. Grace LOVED the firetruck at the starting point and both she and Jalen did great during the walk. However, I do have some EXCITING news to report back from the race. We got to get our picture taken with Ronald McDonald (or as Grace says, "Rocky, Rocky") and the UT men's basketball team.....and yes I said Rocky first because of Grace's excitement when we saw him!! Once he was spotted, I ran over to get close to him (exactly like I do during a concert when I'm trying to get close to Keith Urban b/c I KNOW he is going to see me)! And all of the sudden I see the b'ball team. I ran and got Matt's attention to bring the camera over, and I slipped in and got a picture with them AND "Rocky!" Ummmm yes, I was floating on cloud nine and almost forgot why I was in downtown Knoxville on a freezing cold Saturday morning! :)
Misty ran (champ) and while I considered running (give me a minute while I tinkle in my pants from laughing) I decided to walk with the "Family Fun" peeps. It was a fun morning, and I hope more people can come out and support Misty and team Bowen next year!














UT football had a big game (Alabama) on Saturday afternoon and we got to enjoy it with our neighbors. I forgot my camera, but we watched a good game (that we should've won) and had some good food with good friends! Awww shout out to you Lauren since I know you read this! haha




Finally on Sunday after the Colts demolished the Rams, we carved Grace's pumpkin. Grace helped dig out the "guts", but was quickly distracted during the actual carving process. She's like me what can I say....easily distracted by the ball, flowers, dog poo, anything shiny! She was pretty excited about the finaly product and kept kissing her pumpkin when we were trying to get her picture with it.







Only 4 more days to go until Halloween and I CAN'T WAIT!!! It's SO exciting that it's on a Saturday this year! Oh horror movie marathons here we come......after Grace goes to bed of course!! :)














2 comments:

  1. CUTE CUTE CUTE PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I enjoy the IGA sack.... so Greene County! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of her kissing her pumpkin- she is so precious (just like her Mommy). Can't wait to see what she is for Halloween???

    ReplyDelete