Monday, October 5, 2009

IT'S FALL!!!!!!!!


It's finally here.....IT'S FALL!!! The beginning of football season also marks the unofficial start of fall for me. As most of you know, fall if my favorite time of the year! I love everything about it including the cooler weather, football, breaking out our winter clothes, apple candles, apple crisp, The Apple Festival, apple turnovers, apple cider, apple everything, pumpkin candles, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin coffee, pumpkin patches, carving pumpkins, pumpkin everything, hayrides, HALLOWEEN, horror movie marathons, mums, foddershocks (sp?), fall decorations.....I could go on and on. What's not to like about this season as far as I'm concerned! I start looking forward to decorating as soon as the 4th of July is over. Last week, Grace and I got out all of our Halloween/fall decorations, and it was a much different experience this year than last! :) What I'm trying to say is I think Grace is going to enjoy this season as much as her dear old mother! Each item that was pulled out of a box sounded a little something like this: "Pider!", "Witch", "Punky, Punky (pumpkin)", "Whoa"! It was hilarious! She has also discovered a love for candy corn.....not quite sure where she gets that. :) Our trips to Wal-Mart are also more fun these days since she starts screaming "PIDER", "PIDER" as soon as we hit the door!









Over the weekend, we put up our annual foddershock. It was so much fun watching Grace take it all in. I had all the mums and decorations right where I wanted them until I turned my back for a minute and a little fairy had rearranged them where she wanted. Most of the mums ended up on our front step, and our poor scarecrow ended up......well wherever Grace went! :) She lugs that thing around everywhere. It even comes with us on our wagon rides. haha We're planning our second annual pumpkin patch excursion in the next couple of weekends and I'm sure I'll have MANY more pictures to post. I can't wait to take Grace through the corn maze and show her all of the kid's activities she was too little to enjoy last year! Until then, get outside and enjoy this fall weather! SMILE!!
















2 comments:

  1. Just imagine if your birthday was in the fall, you might not be able to function from all the excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are too cute! I am right there with you and just LOVE fall! It looks like Grace is getting into all the fun that comes with the season too! :) Like mother, like daughter! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete