Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Half Year!!

My little munchkin is half of a year old!! Can I get a collective.....Awwwwwwwww! So what's new, what's new this month. Let's see. Anna got to get out (or sit in her stroller, with the umbrella up, with her snow suit on, covered in 3 blankets, in the garage) and play in the snow for the first time! HA! We have had a lot of snow so far this winter and she woke up from her nap after Grace and I had JUST gotten all bundled up to go outside. So she got to go out with us for a bit and seemed to like it. I didn't have her down making snow angels quite yet, BUT the winter isn't over either! :)

Anna is BUSY, BUSY, BUSY these days!! As soon as I sit her up, she instantly starts reaching for anything and everything to get her hands on. AND everything goes right to her mouth. Ohhhh and if she finds a tag on a toy, she is in pure heaven! It's hysterical! Who cares about the toy. Just give the girl a tag to chew on! She'll sit and suck on one FOREVER!! We're now accepting tag donations at the Gentry home if you're feeling charitable!


She is still ALL SMILES most of the time and I LOVE it!! That's usually the first comment I hear from people when we're out and about. Grace just keeps getting funnier and funnier to her. I have a great video to post of her belly laughing at Grace being silly. But all Grace has to do is simply look at Anna to get a rise out of her.
We're back on the cereal train now and she's doing much better with it. Most of it is staying in her mouth and I see us moving onto veggies in the near future! Am I the only mom who thinks that is exciting?!? As a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom), we look forward to the little things every day! Ohhh we get to start carrots today! YES!!
No new news to report on teething......other than the constant slobbering and drool that I should start collecting to recycle in some way. Maybe I should google that to get some ideas!

I'm sure you're all wondering what's happening on the sleep front around here. We're currently in a feast or famine stage. When it's good, it's GREAT! BUT when it's bad, it's BBBBAAAADDDD!! She has slept through the night for the past three nights which puts mommy in a state of pure bliss! I have even had to wake her up at 8:30am to eat!! WHAT!!! She is getting over a cold and I'm keeping my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed that this continues to happen and doesn't stop once the snot train stops!! And on that note, she HATES to have her nose wipes/picked! Yes, I said picked. What mom hasn't picked her kid's nose from time to time. Grace used to let me go after one for as long as I wanted. It's almost as if she knew, Ok when she's done I'll finally be able to breathe again! Not AK! She is never happy when I go after one of those long, stringy ones that I pull for what seems like a mile and almost chokes her before it comes out!! Sorry! Did I just take that one too far? But, moms, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about don't you!!!!

Isn't she so friggin' cute sitting there playing with her kitchen!! Sorry, sometimes I get easily distracted. Oh wait, I see something shiny! :) No I haven't been drinking. I'm actually on 3 (yes 3) nights of good sleep and I have a bit of my pep back into my step!


Since we got home after Grace's birthday extravaganza, she has been going to sleep on her own (in her crib!) without much of a fuss. I realize this is mostly my fault since I usually run to get her when she starts crying so she won't wake up everyone else in the house. Doesn't everyone do that with the second child? Or am I just saying that to make myself feel better about it!! :)
Anna got a new jumper for Christmas and we were finally able to bring it home last weekend. I just about bust a gut every time she's in it!! It took her a few minutes to figure out that she can jump. But now that she's got it mastered, she nearly jumps right out of it!! We'll stand in front of her and jump, and she starts laughing and jumping uncontrollably!! HAHA!! I'll have to get a good video to show you all what I mean!
She is very aware of her surroundings, new people, voices, etc. We were at a memorial service over the weekend, and she took notice to each speaker or new voice (and then back to chewing on a tag, of course!). She sits quietly (usually) wherever we are until she takes it all in before she starts playing.....or chewing on a tag. I'll say it again, she is such a laid back, content (usually!), happy baby! Now if we can just keep her sleeping through the night, Mommy would be one happy lady!!!
We have her 6 month check-up next week so check back then for her official stats!

1 comment:

  1. Ooohh yes! I love to get one of those really really long snot/boogers out! I know they have to feel sooo much better!

    ReplyDelete