Sunday, January 16, 2011

5 Months Old!!


The past month has brought some new and exciting adventures for Miss Anna Kate! 6 days after her 5-month mark, she rolled over (from her tummy to her back! Yay! We're still waiting for her to rollover from her back to her tummy. She gets herself all worked up trying to get over that last hurdle and I'd say it'll happen any day now. She also started sitting up for longer periods without us holding onto her. She looks like such a big girl sitting up (with the boppy around her) and playing with her toys! Soooo technically I should be including these milestones in her next update BUT I couldn't wait. She has really started to play with toys once they are put in front of her or around her and keeps herself busy until she face-plants onto her blanket from trying to get her go-go gadget arms to get a toy that is JUST out of reach.
This girl ALWAYS has her tongue hanging out of her mouth: when she's concentrating, playing, squealing, you name it. That sucker is out there for you to see! She has become a drooling queen and I'm sure an appearance from a tooth isn't too far away. I'd say we go through a minimum of 5 bibs a day......and that's on a good day!
Most people, doctors, books, etc. will tell you that a baby's sleeping pattern will only continue to improve after birth hence making the "up every two hours" during the newborn months seem doable. However, Anna seemed to backtrack this month and sleep has once again become a thing of the past. Somehow, she went from getting up once a night to MULTIPLE times during the night! WHAT!! Is this really happening? I found myself thinking out loud during the many times I was rocking her in the middle of the night, "But you were only getting up twice during the night when you were brand spanking new! Grace started sleeping through the night at 3 months......doesn't this mean that you should too? And here we are at 5 months, and I STILL resemble a newborn kitten whose eyes haven't fully opened due to the EXTREME swelling due to lack of sleep! And then you look at me with those great big blue eyes and flash your cute little toothless smile and all is ok again.........UNTIL my 6am wakeup call comes in and I think it can't possibly be 6am........I only JUST went to sleep!" Ohhh these are the days of my life! :) I'm feeling that one day soon (all fingers and toes are crossed!) we're going to start getting some more sleep around here. And then maybe my eyes will finally reopen to their natural state!
Ok back to the update.......Anna is still super, duper long and is already in 9 month clothing! I'm assuming it's time to make the switch to bigger clothes when her toes are all curled up in her jammies! :) She is still a VERY happy, laid back, go-with-the-flow baby! She is almost always content to run errands, do a little shopping, etc. which is good since we're always on the go.
Anything and everything Grace does is still hilarious (or at least worth a good smile) to Anna! She is really starting to feed off of Grace and interact a bit more with her. I can't wait to see them in the months to come!
That about does it for our 5th month update (yes I realize that she's already less than a week away from 6 months!!!!) but I was A TAD behind on my posts! It is 11:08pm and instead of going to bed to try and reduce some of my "newborn kitten swollen eyes," here I sit typing this post for you all. Ohhhhh just trying to take care of you people!! 10-4!

No comments:

Post a Comment