Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday, Grace!!

Soooo are you all sitting on the edge of your chair dying from the suspense as to whether my cake held up? I feel as though I left you all looking off into the distance like an actor on a soap opera does right before they break for a commercial......maybe taking a deep breath with a cocktail (because they seem to have a full bar in every room) in your hand wondering did it hold up? Was the strawberry cake everything she dreamed it would be????













Well let me tell you the cake was a BUST!!! In all honesty, it didn't look THAT bad, but I didn't want it sitting on the table for pictures either. As much as I wanted to have an emotional breakdown, I luckily didn't have too much time to think about it. Dairy Queen saved the day and they even had a princess cake! On a side note, Mom, Laura, and I did have a slice of the strawberry cake while everyone was eating ice cream cake and it tasted pretty darn good if I do say so myself!!
Ok, let's move past the cake drama shall we...............
I decided to have a brunch since we had a memorial service to attend at 1pm. This turned out to be great for us because we were able to get so much done ahead of the big day. We got the house all decked out in princess decor and were STILL getting food together when the guests started to arrive. Thank you to everyone for making the drive given the snowy conditions outside! The Bischof's got 10 inches of snow and weren't able to make it. And Mags had to work but they'll hopefully be able to join us next year! Before I forget, take a look at the picture of me and Mom. We looked at each other and noticed we were dressed in coordinating outfits..........TOOLS!! Oh well. Didn't seem to bother us any!
Grace was really into opening her gifts this year! Last year, we had to push her along a bit, but not this year! A couple highlights are a gigantic, remote controlled spider and two hermit crabs!! I'm mentioning those because she is the only 3 year old GIRL I know who is ECSTATIC to get reptiles, dinosaurs, or anything slimy!! HAHAHA!! If we go into a toy store, for example, Grace will sure enough pick out a dinosaur, frog, snake, etc.! I find this to be rather hilarious!!



We had such a fun morning celebrating Grace turning 3!! Thank you, once again, to Mom for ALL of your help!! I wouldn't have been able to pull it all together without your help......and we have a fun cake story to talk about next year!! Thank you again to everyone who was able to make it and, of course, for all of her goodies!!




We had Grace's little party at home on Monday evening. I had a couple presents that I couldn't wait for her to open! The Lite Brite and Strawberry Shortcake playhouse turned out to be big hits! BUT she LOVES her new bike!! YAY!! We got her a little basket with tassels, a bell, and a license plate so she'll be all fixed up by the time she hits the road!!


Happy Birthday to my not-so-little girl!! May the next 3 years be as much fun as the last!!

1 comment:

  1. I was going to make a strawberry cake for Maddy's birthday...maybe I should go to plan B...haha!

    ReplyDelete