Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Searching for our tree!

This tree hunting stuff is fun, Mom!
This year we spent Thanksgiving in Knoxville since Matt only had Thursday off from work.  We decided to head out in the morning to pick out our Christmas tree. Our options were a bit limited since most "cut your own" tree farms weren't open on Thanksgiving day. We went to House Mountain Christmas Tree Farm with high hopes of finding the perfect tree for us!  The farm was beautiful and the owner was the sweetest, old man.  Unfortunately, his trees weren't so great.  We did end up finding one that looked ok and went with it.  I can make a Charlie Brown Christmas tree look good, right??  We'll see!  The girls loved running around the farm and Matt got quite the workout dragging the tree up a BIG hill!  WAHAHAHA!!


The winner!!


I had a great, little helper while making our dinner.  Grace really does love to be in the kitchen with me and is constantly asking me if she can help.  She helped me make our pumpkin pie but her favorite part was by far the yeast rolls!  What kid wouldn't love mixing, rolling the dough, and getting flour everywhere??  I was able to put my anal retentiveness aside (for the most part) as I kept repeating to myself, "This flour will clean up.......eventually!"
Dinner turned out delicious (if I do say so myself :) ), we got our tree, Matt got our outside lights up, and our house is now starting to look a lot like Christmas!!

Friday morning the girls and I headed north for a visit to the Hoosier state.  We only stayed 3 nights, but seemed to go nonstop from the minute we arrived.  We got in some playtime at the school soon after we got to Nana and Papa's house to get out some energy from being cooped up in the car all day.  On Saturday, Mom, Carrie, and I did a little Christmas shopping while Grandma watched the girls.  They made their annual gingerbread house (I forgot to leave my camera with them :( ) where chaos ensued and structural malfunctions were dealt with!  The girls had a blast (even though they barely napped for Grandma!), we had a great day of shopping, and EVERYONE slept good ALL night!!
Pumpkin pie!

Yeast rolls!

Watching a Christmas movie!

Squishing Papa!

Go Jack!

On Sunday, Grandma, Grace and I tagged along with the Townsend's during their weekly basketball trek that takes them all over Indiana.  Anna stayed and played with Nana and Papa while we were gone.  Something about bringing a very busy 16month old to a gym where she can't run out and play, had disaster written all over it!  We got to see Jack play two games and I'm happy to report that they won both!  YAY!!  Grace was a little disappointed that we forgot her pom-poms but she still cheered nonetheless!
Clearly all the noise bothered Reggie!  :)

Cheering for Jack!

Hangin' with the team!

Hugs from Grandma!

Story time!

We all stayed at Grandma's house that night and finally got in some snuggle time with Reggie!  As you can see from the picture, the buzzers and sounds from the games didn't faze him one bit.  He didn't even flinch and even slept through a good part of the first game!  
He is all smiles and tries his hardest to talk.  He loves Grace and smiled at her every time she talked to him!  CUTE!!
Jack's mini-me!
We had another great visit to Indiana!!  Thank you to everyone who helped out with the girls!  We're looking forward to another visit for Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment