Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It Won't Be Like This For Long......

Today has been "just one of those days!" You know, one where you wish you can push the reset button and start the day all over again. I had a MOMS Club meeting this morning so we HAD to be out of the house by a certain time. The day started ok and, as usual, Grace was up at 6:15am. She got in our bed, I got her some Cheerios, and got in the shower. She ate a good breakfast WITHOUT me telling her to KEEP EATING. And then, it all started to go downhill. Grace and I went upstairs to get Anna after she woke up, and we were greeted with a green fog that could gag even the strongest of stomachs! The poor thing was laying in her bed with poop all over her sheet and all the way up to her neck! Awesome! By the time I went through almost an entire package of wipes and got her cleaned up, we had about 15 minutes to nurse Anna and feed her her cereal before we should be on the road. Ummmmm, not good! Fast forward 20 minutes.....I had Anna packed up in her carseat and ready to go when Grace yells, "MOMMY I HAVE TO POOP!!" Good thing she's a fast pooper! We arrived to the meeting about 10 minutes late, sat down (while the speaker was already speaking.....sweet!), and Anna pooped again! WHAT!! It smelled like I just took a nose dive directly into the sewer so I took her out for an immediate diaper change! After the meeting, I went down to the nursery to get Grace and arrived just in time to hear her having a minor meltdown over a toy she didn't want to share. Love it (please note the sarcasm in my voice)! We got home at lunchtime and EVERYONE (including myself) was STARVING as if we hadn't been fed in days! I quickly let Pete outside so he could do his thing since the rain had finally stopped. He spotted another dog, and went running after him RIGHT THROUGH our electric fence! SWEET!! He has only had a week to get used to the fence, but after a quick S*@* that really hurt moment, he went right through it! So, I got the girls to put them in the car and realized (after yet another green fog smacked me in the face) that Anna had pooped once again. REALLY?!? This was not a blow-out situation so I had no choice but to load them up in the car and get Pete. He was actually fighting with another dog and knew I had to get him NOW!! He was right down the road and, luckily, I was able to get him quickly. After getting everyone back home again, I took Anna upstairs to take care of the poop situation. I came back downstairs to Grace looking at me saying, "I didn't do anything." This can only mean my head is about to pop off due to whatever she "didn't do." I discover that she decided (RIGHT AFTER I asked her if she had to go!) to potty ALL OVER the barstool! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?! Note to all guests: DO NOT sit in the barstool next to the sink. I'm sure it's still soggy from the amount of urine that came out of her! At this point, I'm pinching myself to make sure this is all actually happening (BEFORE NOON) and I'm not living in a nightmare! Nope, it's actually happening. And, yes, my head had completely popped off by this point and was spinning on the ground spitting out green vomit Linda Blair style!
Then came NAPTIME, and I had a chance to sit down and take a few deep breaths. This song popped in my head and the lyrics could not have been more perfect for what happened today! One day, I'm going to miss all these little things that send me for a loop. It's so easy to get caught up in the messes, tantrums, and unexpected delays that occur every day. I know it won't be like this for long and before I know it, the girls will be grown and I'll be begging to have these days back. But for now, I'll just take a few deep breaths and enjoy my girls in THIS moment!!

2 comments:

  1. OH. My gosh. I am literally crying I'm laughing so hard! I thought when I read the title that I was going to be bawling my eyes out, which I was by the end. So glad to see that other folks have those days, but bless their little hearts, I'd take a bad day over a day without them! (Well one every once in a while wouldn't hurt) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of my favorite songs! I'm so sorry about your day! I hope the pooping has slowed down a bit and you don't have quite as much excitement today! ;-)

    ReplyDelete