Monday, July 25, 2011

Official Stats!!

LOVES corn on the cob!

First ride in her new carseat!
Anna had her 1 year check-up today.....sniff, sniff!!  She started out at a whopping 7lbs, 8oz and 20in long.  Drum roll please.......she's now 20lbs, 7oz (50th%) and 29 1/4in (75th %) long!!  Her head remains in the 90th percentile (no surprises there!).
It's been WAY too long since I've given you all an update on my little gal so let me catch you up on her latest and greatest tricks, words, foods, etc.
Anna is ALMOST walking but hasn't quite taken the bull by the horns.  She will stand up by herself and has even taken a few steps so I'm sure it won't be long now.  I wish there was a contest I could enter her into for the strangest type of crawl because I get that comment EVERYWHERE we go!  It is a sight to see!  There's got to be a way to make some money off of it......maybe YouTube!  HAHA!
This little piggy is a great eater and will try anything I put on her tray.  She's on all table food now (and has been for a while now) and got her first taste of whole milk last night.  She didn't flinch but will take a drink from her sippy cup, look at it as if thinking, "What the heck is this?", and then take another drink!  HAHA!  Her current favorites are:  blueberries (we constantly have green diapers around here!), mandarin oranges, Cheerios, those little Gerber crunchy things that resemble cornies (they are quite tasty!), macaroni, yogurt, and cheese (again, no surprises there!).  If I give her some crunchies and she eats them all BUT sees the container on the table, WATCH OUT!!!  She will let you know she would like some more by giving us a blood curling, high-pitched, makes your ears quiver kind of scream!!  Believe me, you'll know it when you hear it!  She still only has her two bottom teeth but manages to gum almost anything!  She reminds me of a puppy these days because any time she hears a wrapper opening, she scoots over and starts climbing up my legs to investigate!
Anna is still into EVERYTHING and is SO FAST when she is determined to get somewhere (namely somewhere she knows she isn't supposed to be)!!  Pete's dog bowls are still at the top of her list.  She will now even get a toy in her hand and scoot 85mph to his water bowl to throw it in!  WAHAHA!!  It's funny now as I write about it, but I have considered implementing a shock collar system when she does it for the 15 millionth time while I'm trying to cook dinner!  :)  Anna is also climbing onto anything she can hike her legs up onto.  I've turned my head for a second only to find her up on a stool, the picnic table (the little one, not the life-size one!), laundry basket, etc!  No fear + constantly climbing + a 3 yr old enabler = LOTS of bumps and bruises for AK!  When you see her and her body looks polka dotted because of the various shapes/colors all over her body, please know I AM NOT BEATING HER!!  HAHA!  And along those same lines, should you ever be walking by my house and hear a blood curling scream that sounds like her head is literally being ripped off, just know I am simply changing her diaper and again NOT BEATING HER!!  WAHAHA!

Travels pretty well!
We put her into her new car seat before we headed to IN for her 1st birthday party (pics to come) and she is definitely a big fan!  Who wouldn't be!  It was so sad to watch her strain her neck in order to see Grace or hear the movie while driving ALL DAY!  She sits, crosses her legs, and takes it all in.

Grace is still HILARIOUS in Anna's eyes, however, I am starting to notice a change happening.  In the past whenever Grace would take a toy from Anna, she would usually just turn the other cheek and go after something else.  She is now starting to hold her own and will start screaming if it's something she really wanted to play with.  While Grace's distraction method (that sounds a little like this......."Ummmm Mommy I think Anna would really like to play with..........this!") has worked in the past, I have a feeling this era is coming to an end.......sorry babe!  It was good while it lasted!  :)
Anna mimics everything we do these days and thinks she's pretty, darn funny while she's doing it!  Ohhhhh I do LOVE it that my girls have a sense of humor already!


Over the past couple of months, I have been trying to convince Anna that she is ready for the transition to one nap a day.  Unfortunately, she keeps trying to tell me, "I don't think so!"  HAHA!  For those of you with one child, you probably think I'm absolutely CRAZY for saying this and are wondering why in the world I wouldn't want to ssssttttrrreeetttccchhh out this two-nap a day phase for as long as possible.  I thought the same thing when a friend of mine said the exact same thing a few years ago.  ANNNND now I know why!  When you have a toddler who has obviously surpassed the morning nap and is ready to go, go, go, you want to make this transition AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!  Grace gave up her morning nap before she turned one, and I kept thinking Anna would do the same thing.  I know, I know......they're two different kids and they won't always follow the same timelines or hit milestones at the same time.....blah, blah, blah.  Listen people for my sanity, it's time to make the switch!  :)  Alright, moving on.  Anna usually goes to bed around 8:00pm-8:30pm and gets up anywhere between 7:00am-8:00am.  AHHHHHHH!!  Getting a full nights sleep NEVER gets old does it!!!  She is such a little snuggler when it's time to go to bed and I'm soaking up every little bit I can before I blink and this stage is over!

And I can't leave you all without telling you that Anna LOVES music!!  Every time she hears music or Grace starts serenading us with her rendition of "Part of This World" from The Little Mermaid, she breaks out her Jersey Shore fist pump and starts bouncing on her legs!  I'll try to get that on video for you.....you'll get a kick out of it, believe me!

I'm trying to come up with anything else I can think of on my one year old blue-eyed baby girl but I think that about does it for now!
ALWAYS climbing!

No comments:

Post a Comment