Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Card Photo


A few weeks ago we set out on our mission to get our Christmas card picture.  I had exactly what I wanted in my head......both girls in old-fashioned looking nightgowns, holding hands, and looking up at the Christmas tree.  Should be a piece of cake, right??  My first problem was finding the dang nightgowns!  Who knew finding red, plaid nightgowns at Christmastime nonetheless would be hard to find!  Let me correct myself.  I found them online but I wasn't about to pay upwards of $40 just for two nightgowns.  Not this cheapo!!  After hearing a rant from me about how hard it was to find them, I got a text a few days later from Mom saying two, red, plaid nightgowns were on the way to our house!!  THANK YOU, NANA!!!  They were EXACTLY what I was looking for!  YAY!  My second problem was getting Anna to hold still for one nanosecond so we can get that all important shot.  You might think that should be no problem at all, buuuuut I'm here to tell you it was no easy feat!  Matt would get in position, I would get them ready, and as soon as I let go of Anna, she beelined right for the tree.  If you know me well, you know that just the thought of this photo shoot sends me into a complete, full body sweat.  Now, after several attempts, it wasn't going well.  Drips of sweat were now falling off my brows.  The girls walked over to the fireplace and I saw an opportunity to get them looking up our "fake" fireplace.  We ended up getting one were happy with (even though you can't see their faces) and it was only fitting that our little Linus was holding her "me!"

WINNER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment