Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pumpkin Carvin'

Digging in!

Ready, set, go!

The girls and I went to town carving our pumpkins.  Grace was so excited (I have no idea where she gets it!) she could hardly stand it!  Anna was just excited to sit in the chair at the table like a big girl!  HAHA!
Although Grace was confident that she could carve her own with a sharp knife, I opted NOT to let her do that and offered her the role of my assistant instead.  Both girls dug right in and started pulling out the pumpkin "guts" once the tops were off.  There is nothing like the smell of the inside of a pumpkin.....LOVE IT!!  Does anyone else agree or am I the only crazy one here?
When we carve pumpkins, we like to go old school style:  no fancy patterns and carving kits.  Just a good, sharp knife and my little-to-no artistic ability.  The finished products didn't turn out that bad, right??
Grace TOTALLY got into carving this year!  Anna got to "carve" her first pumpkin annnnnd maybe taste a seed or two (not planned!)!  AND no one was injured during the process!  YAY!!





I'll just eat the seeds!





Pumpkin guts!








Finished products!!

No comments:

Post a Comment