Sunday, November 20, 2011

HaPpY HaLlOwEeN!!!!

I think you all know by now that Halloween is a day that we look forward to with much anticipation in this house!!  We start discussing possible costume ideas a couple months in advance.  This year, I wanted to dress the girls in something handmade.  I am tired of paying ridiculous amounts of money for mediocre costumes.  Some of Grace's ideas for a costume were a skeleton princess (like the creativity there!), a spider (I kept telling her she was a spider for her first Halloween), and Little Bo Peep (BORING)! Grace saw the Smurfs movie in August and loved it.  I immediately started to wonder if Mom still had our old Smurfette costumes from WAY back when (I'm talking when Maggie was still in a walker, way back).  Much to my surprise, SHE DID!!!  Next came my pitch as to why Smurfette would be a GREAT costume AND we would even paint her face blue.  Luckily, she agreed!  YAY!!  Mom dug out our old costumes but decided to go ahead and make new ones.  They were SO dang cute!!  We had one small problem......Anna would immediately take her hat off once I put it on her head!  Hmmmmm if I glue it to her head, it shouldn't stay any longer than a week right?  Maybe two??  WAHAHA!!
Baby Smurfette!

Halloween finally rolled around and Grace was nearly peeing down her leg the entire day!  If I heard "Mommy, when are we going to paint my face blue?" once, I heard it 1,000,000,000 times!  :)  My plan of action was to get the girls dressed, get Grace's face painted, and paint Anna's face as she was literally walking out the door so our house wouldn't be covered in blue paint.  Can I tell you Anna left her hat on the ENTIRE NIGHT and she didn't touch her face once!!!  WAHOO!!!  You never really know what's going to happen or how long a costume will last at this age and I definitely lucked out!  Grace would've worn her costume for the entire week if I let her and was SO excited to have her face painted!

Grace LOVED going up to each house and really enjoyed it this year!  Anna stayed in the wagon for the most part and may have eaten a piece of candy or two!  :)
Grace was also a big fan of handing out our candy once we were finished with our rounds and back home again.  I'm going to give all our neighbors a little piece of advice for next year.  Wait to come to our house until we're back home and Grace is handing out the candy.  You will go home with your buckets filled after just one stop!  WAHAHAHA!!  Anna got in on the action and handed out a few pieces, but mostly enjoyed trying her hardest to unwrap every piece of candy in her bucket!

The girls kept laughing at Matt's costume and Anna even ran up to him to hold her!  Seems kind of strange given the appearance of his costume but they know it's "just pretend."  Matt took his mask off a couple times when a little one look scared, but Grace quickly told him to put it back on!  Only my kids!!

We had a blast once again this year!!  And I'm quite sure our candy will last us until NEXT Halloween!!  THANK YOU SO MUCH to Nana for making the costumes!!  They were the cutest Smurfettes in town!!












No comments:

Post a Comment