Monday, November 1, 2010

Trunk or Treat

Last Wednesday, we had our first Trunk or Treat experience at our church. Since this was new to us, I contacted the Children's Director to ask her exactly what I needed to do/bring so I could be prepared. Ok, am I the only one who didn't know this actually meant getting candy out of the trunks of cars??? Maybe I am, but needless to say it's a good thing I asked!



We started off with dinner then Matt and Grace went up on stage for a little costume contest. It was so cute to see all the little (and big) kids excited and dressed up in their costumes! Grace didn't technically win a prize, but we thought she was the cutest witch there! :)




The older kids decorated one of the upper hallways of the church and the little ones got to walk through and see the lights, decorations, costumes, AND get some candy! YES! As soon as Grace saw the hallway, she said, "This is amazing!" HAHAHAHA! I wonder where she gets her excitement for this stuff?!?!?












Then we all headed outside to trick or treat. Matt took Grace around to the cars while I stayed at our trunk with AK. Grace LOVED it and, when they returned, she LOVED handing out candy to the kids coming to our car! She was even giving away her own candy!






We had a great time and are already excited to do it again next year!















1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that was what trunk-or-treat was either. I had always heard of it but never made the connection.

    ReplyDelete