Monday, October 25, 2010

Three Months Old!







Here we are and our little Anna Kate is three months old!! She is still a easy going baby and tends to go with the flow no matter what is going on around her. She is growing like a weed and is already too long for some of her 3-6 month sleepers and onesies. I don't have any updated stats but should for her next update since she'll have her 4 month check-up the week after Thanksgiving.
Anna continues to show us her personality and she keeps coming more and more "alive!" What I mean by that is her "words" are getting bigger, her cooing is getting longer, her smiles are getting brighter, and she seems to have mastered her theatrical cries when she's ready to eat! :) Why theatrical you ask? Because she usually takes her cries from a level 6 to a level 1 by the time her head hits the boppy! :) What can I say.....when the girl is ready to eat, she's READY to eat. Sounds like someone else I know (ME!).
I've recently given Anna a nickname, Tark, as a result of her new habit. Do you all remember the old UNLV coach ("Tark the Shark") who used to sit on the sidelines and constantly chew on his towel during the basketball games? Well Anna also LOVES to chew on her bib, burp rag, or whatever else she can get into her mouth.....hence her new nickname. She also loves to suck on her thumb and forefinger at the same time resulting in a "cow chewing and regurgitating its food" sound! We need to work on this while we're sitting at the table eating! :)
Anna is definitely going to be a girl who speaks with her facial expressions.....again sounds like someone I know. She is always giving me what I call her "Papa John" face. I can remember sitting on the couch at Papa and Mama's house and getting the feeling that he was looking at me. When I'd look over at him, he would raise his eyebrows and shrug his shoulders with a big grin on his face. Carrie and Maggie, you have to know exactly what I'm talking about! Anna does the same thing. If I'm changing her diaper or doing anything around her so she can see me, I'm usually greeted with that same grin when I look back at her! It's so darn cute!
I can already tell she is in love with Grace! Grace has been waking her up in the mornings (something I'll get on video for you all to see soon!) and she gives Grace the biggest smiles! SO CUTE! I'll have to remind them how sweet they were to each other when they start fighting over each other's clothes! :)
AK is still not sleeping through the night (although she had a good run for about two weeks when she did) and usually gets up around 4am to eat. I know we're getting to the "just let her cry it out phase" but I can tell you I'm definitely not looking forward to that!
Oh and you all will be surprised to know that AK is now sleeping in her crib! WHO HOO! Yep, I cut the cord and finally took the plunge. She still likes to be held during most of her naps (hence the reason my blog posts are ALWAYS behind! :) ) but that's something I can't quite let go and secretly don't mind!
Anna is also very close to turning over! She gets SO close and will roll all the way over on her side, but hasn't gotten past that last hurdle. She is also quickly getting tired of her papasan chair. Every time I put her in it, she instantly tries to pull herself up so she can sit up. I think someone is getting a little too big for her britches! That chair has been a lifesaver so hopefully she'll be ready for her bumbo chair before too long.
That's about all for now. I'll post again next month with her new stats!

No comments:

Post a Comment