Friday, October 8, 2010

Two Months Old!!

I can't believe it, but our little bit is already two (ok two and a half) months old! Anna Kate has made some big strides over the past month and she seems to change daily. She is now a whopping 11lbs, 12.5oz (50%) and is 24in long (90%!!)! Surprisingly, her head size only measured in the 75% range!! HAHAHA! From the looks of her length, we may ourselves a volleyball middle hitter on our hands! YES!


Anna Kate is really starting to show us her personality these days. She smiles ALL the time once she locks eyes with yours and now notices when I leave the room. She is really starting to babble A LOT......which tells me we might have another 24/7 talker like her sister! WHOA! :) She continues to be a pretty laid back baby and mostly cries if she's tired or hungry. When she does start to "gripe" as I call it (not quite crying but wanting some attention), she is easily settled down by one of us just talking to her for a bit. She almost instantly settles down when Grace comes over to talk to her. It's so cute to see the two of them starting to interact! She is also easily calmed down when I change her diaper. Strange, I know. It's usually the other way around. I guess I'd be mad too if I had to sit around with a dirty diaper! AK mostly gets up once a night for a feeding. Occasionally she'll get up twice.....mostly to snuggle with mommy! She did get her first cold over the last month which was so pitiful to see! Luckily, that only lasted for about a day and a half!


She took her first nap in her crib and did very well. I haven't been putting her in her crib at night since I knew she would be sleeping in her cradle during our visit to Indiana.........good excuse, right! It's time to bite the bullet!! I know, I know!! I wonder if I'll be writing the same thing during her three month post! :)
She is holding her head up pretty darn good and also likes to use her big ol' legs and stand up for short periods of time.
That about does it for this update. Keep your fingers crossed that she does well with her first round of shots on Tuesday!! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment