Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Disney on Ice - Princess Wishes!


I was so excited when I found out that Disney on Ice, Princess Wishes was coming to Knoxville!! Grace LOVES them and I knew she would be in awe! I also wanted to do something special for just the two of us where I could give her my full undivided attention. It seems like the following words are always coming out of my mouth these days: just one minute, hold on a second, I'll be right there, as soon as Anna is done eating, etc.

Before I knew it, here it was one week before the show was coming to town and I STILL hadn't bought tickets!! AHHHHH!! I checked craigslist and was thrilled to find two great tickets for $12 off the face value! I started communicating with the ticket owner and all of the sudden his communication stopped.........Yep HE SOLD THEM!!! WHAT!!! And yes, I already told Grace we were going since I THOUGHT I had his tickets! Sweet! Luckily (or so I thought), I found two more tickets on craigslist........and the EXACT same thing happened!! Only her tickets are still posted so who knows what's going on there. And then I remembered an email I received a couple weeks ago through Moms Club stating a member had 4 tickets available for purchase!! Somehow (by the grace of God!) she STILL had all 4 available!! HALLELUIAH!!










Saturday night we headed downtown and Grace started saying, "Mommy this is so much fun!" at least a half a dozen times and we were only in the parking lot! :) Once we got inside, I let her pick out a souvenir and she opted for the frog from The Princess and the Frog (who wasn't even in the show, ha). Grace got SO excited when the show started and I once again got all teary just watching her! Moms, do you have my back? It is very emotional watching your little one get so excited at something like this. I mean here are these princesses that are on tv, t-shirts, games, bedding, etc. and NOW they're ALL right in front of us!! I feel the same way every time I see Keith Urban in concert! :)





Grace told me she was most excited to see Snow White and you should've seen her face once she finally made her appearance!! WOW! And then the "dwarps" AND Ariel came out and I thought Grace had died and gone to heaven!















Next came the intermission and a great time to buy a $50 snowcone! Ok, it might not be $50 but it sure wasn't the $2 snowcone from an ice cream shack......at least we got the tinkerbell souvenir cup! WAHAHA!

We both had a great time and I felt myself watching Grace more than I watched the actual show. I'm so glad we got to spend that one-on-one time together and I'm looking forward to doing it again soon!
Special thanks to AK for taking the bottle for Daddy while we were out!! That's always a little stressful to think about but she did great!! Also, thank you to Heather for letting us purchase your tickets and have a great girls night out!!















No comments:

Post a Comment