Monday, June 8, 2009

A Visit to the Zoo and Splash Park











Last weekend, we tried out a local splash park. At first, Grace was a little timid when the water splashed her face, but by the end of the morning, we were running through the fountains and completely soaked! Next time, I guess I'll wear my bathing suit.....WHOOPS! We had a great time nonetheless, and can't wait to go back. Plus it's FREE....you can't beat that! A great way to beat the summer heat and easy on the wallet as well!


























Two weekends ago, we visited the Knoxville Zoo for the first time. Matt and I could hardly wait to take Grace since she LOVES animals! First up, was the new butterfly exhibit. Grace zipped through it like she was running a race. Then came the camels....apparently they like goldfish crackers. Immediately after walking up to their area, one came right over to us and started eating Grace's crackers. Matt and I were in such shock, neither one of us said or did anything except stare at what was happening! I'm still cracking up thinking about it! Luckily, I was already holding Grace and she won't have to endure any "llama" nightmares like I did! haha Grace also got to see the elephants, zebras, monkeys, giraffe, and lions which are her favorites. Although our visit was cut a little short since our punkin' head woke up at 6:15am that morning, we still had a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment