Monday, June 22, 2009


While Matt was away on his 4th annual "B.B." golf trip, I decided to find something fun for Grace and I to do each day. On Saturday, we went to the Secret City Festival. We found all kinds of things for kids to do, but we hit the jackpot when we discovered the petting zoo area! Grace LOVES animals, and she isn't afraid of any of them. We got up close and personal with a camel, llama (ahhhhh), emu, monkey, and a few others. In the center of the tent, we found an area where the kids could get in a cage with baby goats, sheep, and a gigantic turtle! Grace was in her element, and as soon as I put her down, she took off for all of them! We walked away with lots of goat poo on our shoes, but Grace loved it!












The line for the pony rides was a bit long and it was getting close to lunch time, so I opted for the "ride" on the long-horned steer. Between the scenic backdrop behind the steer and the fact that I was about to pay $5 to have Grace sit on this thing, I was laughing so hard I could barely get Grace on the saddle! As you can see from the look on her face, she was EXTREMELY thrilled!!


Even though it was 93 degrees that day, we had a great time! I can't wait until next year when Grace can fly on the bungee ride and slide down the giant, inflatable tiger!! WHO HOO!


1 comment:

  1. Great Blog. Love the pictures! Hope you are all dong well!

    ReplyDelete