Wednesday, June 10, 2009

New Vocabulary

Grace has been (well has always been) quite the little chatter box lately. She has started saying some two-word phrases and has also picked up a few additional words as well. She can now say "Oh no," "All gone," "Good boy," "Good girl," as well as "cool" and "Lala" (that's a shout out to you Aunt Laura!) The words she has been saying for a while are now starting to sound more like the actual word and not just words Matt and I can understand! :) Am I trying to brag and say she's a genius? No, but I would definitely venture to say that Grace will one day be competing for the TOP of her class! haha
Grace has also started to attach herself to somethings.....in particular her blankie which she calls her "me." I have no idea where that came from, but I do know we have to have a "me" in at least 3 different rooms of the house! She has also discovered her babydoll that she got for her birthday. Grace loves to feed baby Lula her bottle (sound effects included of course), wrap Lula in her "me", and take her hat off when she gets too hot. It's so cute to see her motherly instincts kick in at the ripe age of 16 months!
Finally, Grace has discovered my bracelet drawers. She puts them ALL on (from her elbow to her wrist) and walks around with her hand in the air so they won't fall off. It's pretty hilarious to watch! Something tells me that our little sugar smacks is shaping up to be quite the little girly girl!!

2 comments:

  1. Lia Sophia has kids bracelets...
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THAT SHE IS SAYING MY NAME!!!!!!! And I love that she has a blankie... just like someone else I know...um her Daddy!!!! Yee Haw!!!

    ReplyDelete