Saturday, January 28, 2012

Daddy/Daughter Day Out

Finally getting to ride the train!

Ice cream!

Pretty excited about her new toothbrush!

I just found the pictures from this particular day and it's a bit overdue.  In December, I had some kind of a "I'm a woman!  Hear me roar!" kind of day and decided it was a good idea to make dentist appointments for both me and Grace.  You might be thinking......that shouldn't be too big of a deal.  What's the problem, woman??  Well......I couldn't find a sitter for Anna and I think it's safe to say that she's not the type of child to sit still during almost anything let along a dentist appointment.  In my defense, I tried to cancel my appointment (and keep Grace's so I could "man" AK) but the lovely ladies I spoke with insisted they had "plenty of activities for children to do and they could help if need be."  What I heard inside my head went a little like this, "WAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  Alright!  I hope you're bringing out your big guns because AK is about to enter the building!!!"  When in reality I said, "Well, we can try it but my main concern is to get Grace's appointment taken care of."  This was where we ran into our problem.
Grace insisted that I go first and she, of course, got to see all the brushing, poking, scraping, etc. that goes along with a teeth cleaning.  When it was her turn, you can only guess what happened.  There was not a chance we were talking her into getting in that chair.  We (me and the dental hygienist) tried every possible approach (even down to her simply opening her mouth so she could just count her teeth) and she wouldn't budge.  UGH!  I had to reschedule her appointment and, as luck would have it, Matt would be off work and could take her.  SWEET!
Gym Bugs!

Matt promised Grace that if she sat in the chair and was a good patient, he would take her for ice cream and for a ride on the train at the mall.  She has been begging me to take her for a ride on that train for MONTHS!  Apparently, I should've promised the same thing because she did great!  She even got a new tooth brush and toothpaste which she was thrilled about!!  The two of them had a fun day filled with ice cream, train rides, and Christmas shopping!
While they were out and about, I took Anna to Gym Bugs and let her run wild!  We also had a fun morning jumping on trampolines, crawling through caterpillars, and running, running and running!!
It's so nice to be able to spend one-on-one time with the girls and I'd say that day was a big success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment