Saturday, October 29, 2011

Spooky Bath!!


As a newfound single mother, I have been trying to come up with new/different ways to streeeeetch out some of our normal, daily activities so our days don't seem to last FOREVER.  The two hours after supper time can sometimes be the longest so I try to keep ourselves busy so I'm not staring at the clock waiting on that magical hour of 8:00pm.  My girls LOVE baths and would stay in the water all night if I let them.  Hmmmmmm how can I stretch out bath time a bit AND make it somehow related to Halloween??  Answer:  GLOW STICKS and we'll have a glow-in-the-dark bath!!!  FUN!!!  
Lights OUT!!

Grace enjoyed EVERY part of this from "breaking" the glow sticks so they would start glowing, to connecting them to make necklaces, to smelling the tube they came out of b/c she thought it smelled like horse poop (WAHAHAHA!), to turning off the lights and watching them glow in the water!
Anna loved chasing them around in the water and, of course, putting them in her mouth.  :)
The girls LOVED it and had a ball!  This was such a simple idea and left me wondering.......why in the world did I not think of this before now!!!  If there's one thing I've learned over the past month, it's that a little creativity can go a LOOOOOONG way!!!



1 comment:

  1. We did the same thing yesterday afternoon! Thank you Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete