Wednesday, October 26, 2011

First Week of the Dreaded Outage

Look what I did, Ma!

The job that Matt is working on started an outage at the end of September.  What is an outage you ask?  Well let me fill you in. Essentially, they have crews working all day every day.  I knew Matt would be working Saturdays (at least until they get ahead of schedule) and getting home EVEN LATER than usual.  As a mother of two little girls, I'll be honest and say that the time he usually gets home is a nice breather because I have a chance to get some things done around the house (by myself!) that otherwise would take MUCH LONGER to do with my two helpers or even just escape to a room (unknown to everyone in the house) and hide for a bit until they come searching!  WAHAHAHA (this usually lasts all of five minutes)!  Oh and as an added bonus, they're now working full days on Sundays as well.  AWESOME.....annnnnd if you detect a note of sarcasm in my voice, you'd be RIGHT!!  So, was I looking forward to him getting home later than usual AND working all weekend.......NO!!
WAHAHAHAHA!!

The first week I wanted to keep ourselves busy because that will ease the pain of my newfound status of a single mother, right???  We got out our fall/Halloween decorations (which in our house lasts a good two days!) and the girls were SO excited.  Grace couldn't wait to try on some old costumes that we found, but poor Cinderella couldn't quite fit herself into the size 12-18mo zebra!!  WAHAHA!!  She didn't seem to mind though and wore it for a good portion on the morning.  Anna, on the other hand, was much less thrilled with me as I put her in a spider suit and tried to take a million pictures!  I tried to tell her that in this house, we LOVE this time of the year and that includes dressing up in costumes so Mommy can laugh hysterically and maybe even do a mini photo shoot.  If you don't like it, we just might trade you in!  HAHA!  The good news is she's warming up to this whole Halloween thing and now runs up to any pumpkin, witch, ghost, etc. and growls at it with vigor!!




We also got in LOTS of outside playing time.  Strategy - Wear them out so bedtime is much easier on Mommy!!  :)

We ended the week with a movie night in our very own "drive-in theatre!"  Why do we even attempt to buy kids toys when all they want to play with is a box.  Then dress it up a bit with wheels and headlights and they'll think they've died and gone to heaven!  You would've thought I bought Grace a horse and/or took her to Disney World when I showed it to her!  WAHAHA!!  Gotta' love her zest for life!!  I got this idea on Pinterest, my new love and obsession!  It's a website full of ideas for everything you can imagine:  crafts, activities for kids, recipes, photography, etc!!  If you haven't yet, check it out!!
Movie Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment