Thursday, August 12, 2010

Two Week Check-Up

Anna Kate had her two week check-up on Tuesday, and I am happy to report that she is growing like a weed! She is already up to a whopping 8lbs, 7oz and is 20 1/4in long!! Matt and I had noticed that she was putting a little meat on her bones and it turns out she is a better eater than I thought! I also got the official OK to let her sleep through the night.......AHHHHHHHH!! That hasn't happened yet, but she's only getting up twice a night so you won't hear me complaining!
AK does have an umbilical hernia which is apparently nothing to be too concerned about. It simply means that her abdominal walls haven't completely closed and her bellybutton bulges out a bit. Our pediatrician assured assured me that it is very common and should correct itself by the time she turns two.
I also wanted to share how Grace is doing with this new adjustment. She has taken her new role of big sister very seriously and has done really well with the transition. Any time Anna starts to cry, Grace gets her pacifier and tries to "shush" her until she stops crying. She knows not to touch the nipple part of the paci and actually does a pretty good job calming Anna down. We've only noticed a time or two when Grace is trying to get some attention while we're playing with Anna. She doesn't even show any signs of jealousy while I'm feeding Anna. So far (yes I'm knocking on wood) we haven't experienced any of those horror stories we heard about that involve toddler jealousy! She continues to say, "Awwww she's so cute" at least a dozen times a day and always asks to see her when I bring her into the room. I can't wait to see how their relationship grows. Growing up with two sisters was so much fun and I only hope that Grace and Anna have as much fun together as I did with my sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment