Friday, February 5, 2010

Grace's 2 year check-up





Yesterday, Grace had her 2 year check-up with Dr. McColl. Our visit started off well with Grace saying "HI" to the entire office staff as well as the 2 people in the waiting room. I swear this child never meets a stranger. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing!! :0 This kiddo is now 27lbs and measures 34.5 inches long! Dr. McColl always shows me her weight and height curve on his computer to see how she's coming along. She falls right into the 50 - 55% for both her weight and height......and then there's her big ol' noggin! As you know from a previous post, Dr. McColl and I have a bit of an inside joke with Grace's head size. After he showed me her weight/height curve, he said, "And now for your noggin!" I said she's probably off the charts isn't she. And his response was, "Well you may have to wear a helmet for a while, but I think you'll make it!" HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Some of you may not think that's too funny, but we both went into hysterics while Grace giggled with us! Don't worry punkin', I'm only laughing with you since I had the same problem! Dr. McColl said she is doing great developmentally and didn't even do his usual CHAT test he said he gives kids during this check-up! Proud mommy, YEP!! Grace did great until nurse Carol came back with the dreaded shots. She had to get 3 this visit, and it was her worst reaction so far. She just looked at me as if thinking why in the world are you letting her do this to me mommy!!!!! The good news is she only cried for a second and then calmed down once she got to pick out 3 stickers. SHEW!!!! Grace even said bye-bye and thank you to Carol!
So you might be wondering what's new with this little rascal. She is Miss Independent these days, and is learning to do more and more on her own. She now likes for me to wait at the landing of our stairs before she comes down. She is also trying to put her shoes on and get herself dressed/undressed from time to time.
Grace will eat any fruit I put in front of her, but her favorite food is still grilled cheese or macaroni and cheese. She will eat just about anything I put on her plate if she knows a "prize" (dessert) is quick to follow! Sometimes she'll get in her highchair and instantly say, "prize?" I know punkin', if I could eat my prize first I would too! A big thing for her right now is to have a "big piece" of something during meals. She doesn't want her apples cut into slices, she wants a "big piece." She doesn't want a piece of cheese torn into little pieces, she wants a "big piece!" I guess I'm fine with that if it makes her eat something and she doesn't choke. She gets quite the kick out of it.....big girl nowadays!! She has also taken up a new habit.....chip hoarding! Grace will get into the corner of the pantry (when she thinks I'm cooking dinner and not looking at her) and start eating whatever kind of chips she can find. I get the same mischievous grin every time I open up the door! You'll see a video at the end of this post showing exactly what she does. It's a little dark, but you'll get the idea. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we can nip this habit in the bud so you won't tune into a future episode of "Hoarders" and see Grace with a house FULL of chips!!
Potty training will be high on our priority list in the next couple of weeks. Dr. McColl gave me some more tips during our visit and hopefully they'll work with ease! :) SHouldn't be a problem, right?!?!?
Grace is talking up a storm, and now spits out full sentences pretty frequently. She babbles all day every day from the moment she wakes up until her eyes shut at night. If we don't acknowledge something Grace is saying, she will keep saying it louder and louder until she gets our attention. She is also our little parrot. She repeats EVERYTHING we say!! Hopefully she had on her earmuffs last night during the IU/Purdue game....right daddy!!!!
Grace is quite the little lover. If she hears a baby crying, she looks at me with a concerned look and says, "ohhhhhhhh!" When Pete gets in trouble, Grace usually walks over and pets him on the head. However, she still scolds him herself from time to time as well! She loves to be cuddled after her naps and most nights before bedtime, and can still go from a completely normal temperament to FULL OF SASS in the split of a second!!
That should about cover our update for now. I had a couple videos I wanted to share. Grace is getting pretty good at saying her ABC's. Of course, as soon as I start to video her, she freezes. This is her best attempt I can get on video. The other video is her chip hoarding.

We're SO excited for the Superbowl this weekend!!! GO COLTS!!!






2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Amaya (just turned 2 in Nov.) and Grace seem like they would get along great! Amaya loves chips!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mommy,
    It's hard to say "GO COLTS" when I'm trying to secretly stuff a whole bag of chips into my mouth before I eat my veggies at dinner!!!!

    Love,
    Grace (via Aunt Laura)

    hahahahahahhaha!!! made my morning!!!!

    ReplyDelete