Monday, February 1, 2010

Grace's 2nd Birthday Party!




Two weekends ago, we headed to IN to celebrate Grace's 2nd birthday! I know every mother says this, but I can't believe Grace is 2 already!! On her birthday, I spent the day reminiscing about her actual birth day. At 7am the pitocin started, at 8am the doc broke my water, by 10am the epidural couldn't arrive fast enough!! :) And before I knew it, the little, bald boy I was SO SURE I was having was born to the doctor saying........IT'S A GIRL!!!!!! WHAT!! I could not have been any more surprised! And she had a FULL head of jet-black hair to cap it off! Don't get me wrong, I didn't prefer a boy versus a girl. I was just 99.9% sure she was a boy! Oh someone up above was laughing at 4:27pm that day! Anyway, back to the birthday party.












I decided a Minnie Mouse theme was fitting this year given Grace's slight obsession with "Mick." I bought everything hot pink that I could find.........plates, napkins, forks, spoons, balloons, etc. And the decorations weren't complete without a GIGANTIC Minnie Mouse balloon! Somehow we didn't end up getting a picture of that. Maggie, once again, outdid herself with the cake. She had a Mickey cake pan so she free-handed Minnie's bow and eyelashes. Didn't it look great! A big THANK YOU to Aunt Maggie for doing that for Grace!!! She LOVED it as you can see from the pictures!!




Grace is spoiled rotten, and got every toy imaginable under the sun!! She had to take breaks from the present opening every now and then to eat some "prizes" (chocolate) that was attached to one present! Yep, she's definitely my child! Not only does she like to eat her "prizes," but she also like to savor the gift opening. That's my girl, Gracie!
We had a great weekend!! Thank you to everyone who came for the big party!! Thank you to Nana and Papa for letting us have the party at your house, and for picking up the slack where my pregnant brain failed me!!
Hope to see you all soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment