Monday, February 15, 2010

Take 3....







This week we decided to give potty training another shot. I'll be the first to admit that I am COMPLETELY dreading this!! However, with baby #2 due this summer I feel the need to just get it done! Grace is showing (and has been showing) us all the signs that she's ready. She talks about the potty, watches me go to the potty and even says "Good job, Mommy," wipes herself with toilet paper, loves to wear her "big girl panties," but we have yet to get a success on the actual potty (other than that one time last summer). Today I've put her on the potty and I tried reading her a book, singing songs, talked about trying to push a little toot out (during the time I knew a #2 was looming), etc. If she would just go once, I feel that she'd finally get it. Someone send some patience while we get started on this task!! Or even better if you could just send the "potty fairy" over to our house, I would love you FOREVER! I have gotten a few cute pictures I thought you all would enjoy. There's nothing like seeing that cute little toosh running around the house! I'll keep you all posted on how this is going. Hopefully, the third time is the charm!!
On another note, I wanted to share some other exciting news. Last night, I felt the baby's little kicks for the first time! Apparently, this little booger likes cherry pie as much as I do! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh goodluck Katie. The best advice I can give is patience, patience, patience! I feel like potty training is the one challenge that you are never warned about with parenting. It's a very trying stage that you just have to be patient with. We started potty training with Clara right after her 2nd birthday and she is just now fully potty trained at 3. Whew...
    Stick with it though, it sounds like Grace is showing lots of positive signs that she's ready!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I just love seeing those little tushes in underwear!

    ReplyDelete