Saturday, August 29, 2009

Nesting?!?

Yep, it's finally happening.........I'm having bunion surgery this Wednesday! I'm not sure why, but I'm SO excited!! Yes, I'm silently laughing! For those of you who aren't too familiar with these ridiculous protrusions, please let me educate you. They are caused by the good ol' gene pool not the common myths you tend to hear such as wearing high heels. So ladies keep on wearing your Manolo Blahnik's or horribly uncomfortable high heels from Payless if you're anything like me. They can look very different. Mine look like I swallowed a marble and it settled on the inner side of my feet. Apparently bunions don't just come with old age as I can remember having them since I was teeny tiny. Needless to say, my left bunion is to the point where is just flippin' hurts. I have gone into a nesting phase since I scheduled this surgery. I have (so far) successfully completed the following: reorganized under the kitchen and master bathroom cabinets (and if you saw what was underneath Matt's cabinet you would understand why I'm including this in my list), painted our bedroom, bought new bedding, recovered our dining room chairs, reorganized (or stashed) Grace's toys and books, bought several new accessories for the house, and deep cleaned our carpet. Don't get nervous, I also have a few projects that I can complete while I'm sitting for TWO WEEKS!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Yep, you heard it right. I'm supposed to stay off my foot for two weeks! The good news is it's an outpatient procedure so I won't need to stay overnight in the hospital and both Mom and Barb are coming down to help cover our needs for the two weeks (I'd like to say THANK YOU in advance). But what I'm not used to is sitting on my rear for extended periods of time given the schedule Grace and I are used to. That's fine but back to this whole nesting thing. What is it that sets it in motion? Is it our inner conscious knowing that we'll be incompacitated for a period of time telling us to get these tasks done? Whatever it is, is very strange! For those of you who haven't experienced it yet, just wait......someday you will and you will think back to my bunions! haha
Alright, I think my rant has come to an end. On Wednesday morning, please take a moment of silence for my bunion that has been with me for 30 years. It's really been fun explaining to people why my foot tilts to the left and my toes are all squished. But oh how I look forward to waking up and not having my foot pulsate when it hits the floor. And if I come home with a baby after this procedure (hence the nesting phase) instead of a small capsule labeled "left bunion thanks to Dave Harding", I'm going to have some serious questions for Dr. Percer!!! :)

1 comment: