Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Captiva Island

Last week, we went on Grace's first beach vacation. We headed down to Captiva Island, Florida and joined Mom, Dad, the Bischof and Mohr families. Matt and I were A LITTLE leary of the 14 hour road trip we had to tackle, but I am EXTREMELY excited to tell you that Grace did FANTASTIC!! She only slept for 15 minutes (yes I said 15 minutes), but the countless episodes of "Mick" did the trick because there was hardly any fussing! YEAH!!


Grace didn't know what to think of the ocean on the first day. She didn't seem to mind the sand, but the "waves" hitting her feet were another story.
She LOVED making sand castles......or should I say knocking them over! By our second day, Grace was tired of acting like a rookie and she started walking right into the ocean and letting the waves hit her. She thought she was pretty funny once she got her footing and grabbed my hand! She was no tourist ok!




With 4 kids in the house (ages 4, 3, 2, and 1), it was a little chaotic but I have no major catastrophes to report! Only a minor fever and a couple colds interrupted our R & R during the week. We had great weather until Thursday and Friday when the rain came didn't want to let up. But no worries, it just gave the moms an excuse to enjoy a couple afternoons of t-shirt shopping (a.k.a. martini tasting)! Ok we did go t-shirt shopping but somehow kept ending up at the Keylime Bistro! :) We love you dads!!





Overall, we had a great week. We don't get to see each other as often as we used to given our schedules and the distances between us all. It's just so nice to sit, chat, get to know the ins an outs of my family's lives without any other worries! Awww Boss and sissies! I'm getting a little teary! haha


And I'm happy to say that Grace also did better than I ever could've imagined on our trip home!! She was quite the little trooper since our trip back to Knoxville was a bit longer after Matt's slight detour through Atlanta!! haha Although we're still catching up on our sleep, there's nothing like experiencing another first with my baby!!

















1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of you girls all together!!! It reminds me of the good ol' days....

    ReplyDelete