Wednesday, February 15, 2012

XOXOXO!!!


Getting started!
 Valentine's Day is a holiday that I've never made a big fuss about.......until I had the girls that is!  And this year Grace was ALL about it!  Have I mentioned that holidays are SO much fun because of those two, little boogers?!?!
I wanted to help Grace make handmade valentines this year.  She loves all things crafty so why not.  When I told her she would get to paint her hands, it was a no-brainer.  I had her reeled in immediately.  AND she got to put bedazzle them with as many stickers as she wanted.  DUH!  Ok, now I'm even excited!
She loved the hand painting and Anna even got in on the action with a little project that we haven't gotten quite finished yet.


Signing her valentines!


Adding some stickers!
 Tuesdays are our crazy days around here since Grace has preschool, I usually run 500 errands and try to get the house as clean as possible, pick her up from school, run a few more errands, take Grace to dance, and end up home around 7:00pm with some gourmet Chick-fil-et for dinner.  So needless to say since Valentine's Day fell on a Tuesday, I couldn't do any fun, themed dinners but I did manage to shape our orange rolls into hearts for breakfast!
Grace was beaming with excitement as we pulled up to school for her Valentine's Day party!  We were in charge of bringing a dessert and opted for heart-shaped red velvet cheesecake brownies annnnnd, yes, I ate half the pan before we left for the party.  If you saw that recipe on Pinterest, go ahead and get it pinned.  It received two thumbs up from this lady!!

AK got her own sticker page too!

Grace was smiling from ear to ear when I picked her up and she immediately started showing me all her valentines!  The girls got to dive into their goodies after school and they were on a sugar high for the next 3 hours!  WHOA!!
Matt came home with a stuffed animal for each of the girls and some goodies for his lovely wife.  Valentine's Day to some people might mean a nice, fancy dinner, champagne, roses, blah, blah, blah.  For Matt, it meant coming home to a wife in sweat pants, a kleenex stuffed up her nose due to the constant-never-ending nasal drip, Nyquil as my evening "cocktail", and a tremendous amount of snoring due to my blocked nasal passages.  Ahhhhhh love is in the air!!  HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

Red velvet cheesecake brownies!

Valentine's Day breakfast:  heart-shaped orange rolls!


SOOOO excited for her party!

Finished product!!

Finished product!




Valentine's Day goodies!

Sugar Overload!

CHEESE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment