Saturday, February 11, 2012

I Wish I Was One of THOSE Moms......


who lets her kids play with whatever they want and in whatever they want.  You know, the kind that doesn't mind the messes that all this "fun stuff" (like finger paint) seems to come with.  But, I'm here to admit, that I'm SOOOO not that kind of mom!  Oh, I want to be and I even buy all goods for these activities.  RELAX I try to tell myself!!  But old habits die hard I guess.
I am getting a little better though.  Playdough used to take me over the edge when the colors got mixed.  Sad, I know.  Now, I think it's kind of (I should probably emphasize KIND OF) fun to mix the colors and see what new color you get.  I used to avoid sand pits at all costs.  Now, I don't bat an eye when they both want to dive into our neighbor's sand box.......as long as we dump their shoes, socks, panties, etc. before they come back into the house.  WAHAHAHA!!  Ok, even I'M not that bad!!  I stop right after the shoes....and maybe the socks.
Needless to say when I saw this idea for "mess free finger painting," I nearly peed down my leg!  Yes, it involves REAL paint AND the girls loved it!!  Put whatever colors of paint you have on hand in a baggie (in different areas of the baggie), tape the baggie shut (if you have a Houdini child like I do, you can only be saying DUH!!!), and tape it to whatever you want with painters tape so it can be easily removed.  GENIUS, I tell ya'!!  I used red, blue, and yellow paint since I knew Grace would like seeing the different colors she could make.  When she made purple (her favorite color), she was thrilled!!  Anna liked seeing her handprints and thought it would be a good idea to try and taste it a time or two!
We tried this early last week and, while the baggies have moved from place to place, they're still up and sticking......to something.  Great idea!  AND no messes!!  WAHOO!!        



No comments:

Post a Comment