Monday, April 4, 2011

8 Months Old!!

I'm a tad behind on Anna's 8 month update!  I'm going to try to keep it as accurate as possible and not overlap what's already happened for her 9 month update!  I will tell you some exciting things have been happening around here!
First, I am happy to report that Anna is taking to her baby food MUCH better than she did when she first started!!  WAHOO!!  Currently, she LOVES sweet potatoes and her rice cereal mixed with apples!  YUM!  She has now eaten carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, apples, plums, and bananas.  She tolerates her green beans as long as I mix then with carrots or sweet potatoes.  Peas, however, are another story!  At this point, she would be ok with omitting them completely!  The plums are a bit tart and they aren't at the top of her list either.  The first time I gave her bananas, I mixed them up with her cereal in the evening AND a toddler-size meltdown ensued!!  WHOA!!  I quickly got rid of that cereal and gave her some without bananas and I'm pretty sure she ate the equivalent of what Jeff Saturday eats the day before a big game!  WOW!  This girl can put the cereal away people!  I recently bought some puffs for her to try so stay tuned for her next update to see how she did.
Anna is SO close to crawling and I see it happening any day now!  The other day she actually scooted across the entire bonus room floor on her bottom!  Her right leg gets in position, but she can't quite get her left leg to cooperate.  And to be quite frank, it down right ticks her off!  Matt and I will try to help her and get her up on an her knees, but she just falls to the floor like a lump of jell-o and immediately starts crying.  I know I said I was going to keep this accurate, but I have to pass this along.  Literally as I am tying this post, Anna scooted across the floor over to the chest where we keep several books.  She opened the door and started pulling book after book out!  Things are about to get A LITTLE busier around here!  
Anna said her first word this month:  Dada!!  She now says it all the time and we are feverishly working on Mama.  Her babbling continues to increase and I can tell within the next year our house, between both girls, will never be silent!  :)

Lil' Hoosier fans!

Park playdate with Libby!

Green Beans........GAG!

She is also REALLY trying to pull herself up on different things around the house.  She can get herself up on her knees, but can't quite get herself all the way up on her feet.  How is this happening already!?!?
Anna has a few new "tricks" that she has started doing as well.  She likes to stare at someone until they make eye contact with her and then she gives them a big slobber monkey SPIT!!  It's almost as if she's doing it to show off.  She LOVES to do it to Matt and she always gets a kick out of herself!  This is especially fun for me when she does it mid-bite while eating!  So when you see me out and notice some orange sprinkles all over my face, you know why!  Another new "trick" is the sound she makes when she laughs.  It sounds somewhat like a sheep in distress and she can also incorporate this into her cry as well.  Believe me, you'll know what I'm talking about when you hear it!  I got a video of her doing this the first night she started doing it so stay tuned!  She has also started clapping and every time you look at her and say, "Yay Anna!" or play some music she breaks into a clapping session.
Poor Anna girl got her first ear infection during her 8th month!  BOO!  She had a cold and started pulling on her left ear.  She wasn't real fussy, but I decided to go ahead and have her checked out.  Turned out, it was a good thing I did!  Note.......Anna LOVES amoxicillin and would get VERY excited when she saw me filling up the syringe!
I still have no teeth to report quite yet, but two little white buds are now visible on her lower gums!  While I'm excited for those suckers to finally pop through, this will only make my anxiety level rise every time I feed her!  OH DEAR!!  Be nice to your momma please and don't bite the "hand" that feeds you!!!
That about wraps up our latest update.  Meet us back here in a couple weeks for her 9 month update!!

No comments:

Post a Comment