Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of Preschool!!




Well she's officially a "big girl!" Grace started preschool last Tuesday!! Sniff, sniff!! Our church offers a preschool program (Children's Enrichment Program) and we signed Grace up for Tuesdays/Thursdays this year. Her day lasts from 9:30am - 2:30pm which is a long time to be away from momma! She has 4 other kids in her classroom (1 girl, 3 boys) and her teacher's name is Miss Karen. I knew Grace wouldn't have any problems during the drop-off since she is Miss Social and LOVES to play with "friends" and "new" toys! On her first day, she marched right into her classroom and started playing just as I had anticipated. She didn't even flinch when Matt and I kissed her goodbye! We just heard, "OK see ya' later!"






The only challenge we both knew she would face was sleeping on her nap mat while in the classroom!! And, as it turns out, we were right! Can you really blame her though!! I don't think I could lay down with 4 other kids and take a nap surrounded by hundreds of fun toys!!
When I picked her up after her first day, she was COMPLETELY exhausted!! She didn't talk much about her day on the way home because she was fighting trying to stay awake. We headed to get a slushy to celebrate her first day of school. She fell asleep as we pulled into our garage but quickly woke up once I opened my door and she saw her slushy!! Her night came to an early end, and she was out like a light by 8pm.
I can't wait to hear about all the new things she'll learn and see all the projects she brings home! She's growing up way too fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment