Monday, March 8, 2010

Updates......


It's been a while since my last post, and I have some updates to pass along.


Potty Training:

I am happy to report that Grace is starting to get this whole potty training thing!! She had 3 successes during the first week, and I thought we were going to have to put it on the back burner again. But much to my surprise, she started going more frequently and now will go (or at least try) every time we sit her on the potty!!! HOORAY GRACIE!! At first, we would hear just a little come out and then we would all get so excited the rest would never make its way out. But now, she is an old pro and will get most of her potty out!! She isn't to the point of telling us when she has to go, but we're getting closer!! I think Grace's favorite part of potty training is when she flushes the potty, washes her hands, and then streaks across the house!! HAHAHAHA!! I never get tired of seeing that little toosh bee-bopping around!!


Moving Update:

For those of you who don't know, we put our house up for sale on Monday, February 22nd. We had 2 showings that Wednesday and got an offer from the first person who came through our house!! Here's the catch.......we don't have any place to go!! The buyer initially wanted to close on March 24th, but settled on the following terms. We have 14 days (until March 12th) to find a house for us or she can walk away from the contract......no pressure there!! Sure we could always go to an apartment and put our stuff in storage while we find a house that meets our needs. But, quite frankly, I would rather poke myself in the eyeballs than have to move twice......especially being pregnant and having a 2 year old to take care of. Can you all understand where I'm coming from here?!?!? So, we have been looking at houses almost daily trying to find what we're looking for. We found a couple that we were interested in, but other buyers got to them before we could. I have my fingers, toes, arms, and legs crossed hoping that we'll find our next home by Friday!!


Pregnancy:

My pregnancy is moving right along. I can't believe this baby is already half-cooked! We had our big ultrasound today. And we're having a..........................................................

did you all think we would cave and find out!?!?!?!? Well we didn't, but dang that is tempting when you're in the ultrasound room! The ultrasound went great! The baby weighs 11oz now and all his/her anatomical parts looked and measured right on!! We got to see a little face, tiny feet, and a hand waving at us. The poor little booger had the hiccups too! There is nothing more amazing than seeing your baby up on that screen and knowing that in 4 short months we'll actually be holding him/her!! I'm feeling LOTS of little movements now and my appetite has hit the roof. I decided to take belly shots every month during this pregnancy and will post those here soon.


I wanted to pass along a couple pictures of Grace. She LOVES school buses and starts screaming "cool bus" every time she sees one. Much to my amazement, there was a "cool bus" parked outside Kroger a couple weeks ago as we were leaving from our weekly shopping trip. The driver was nice enough to let us on board so I could show Grace the inside. She got to check it out and sit in an actual "cool bus" seat! She wasn't too thrilled until we got back in our car. It must've taken a few minutes to sink in because on our way home all she kept saying was, "I sat in cool bus mommy!" The top picture is Grace standing on the cool bus steps!
Grace's finger ends up in her nost A LOT these days. Her usual response to me telling her to "please remove your finger from your nost before I vomit" is exactly what you see in the second picture!!




1 comment:

  1. Awww...my dad drove a "Cool Bus" for about 25 years and when we were little we loved to play in it. I also called it a Cool Bus!

    ReplyDelete