Thursday, March 18, 2010

My observant and honest toddler




Grace is extremely observant about the world these days, and as any toddler would be, is VERY honest about what she sees. During my pregnancies, I develop skin pigmentation issues that result from spider veins bursting from the extra blood that's flowing through my body. I started noticing little red places on my face around my 5th - 6th month of my first pregnancy. They started to spead like chicken pox and by the end of my pregnancy they were on my face, chest, arms, and hands. It wasn't too bad since I could cover most of them up with my winter maternity clothes. Everyone told me not to worry and they would disappear after I gave birth. This was only PARTIALLY true since a few spots still remained on my face.


During this pregnancy, the dreaded "red spots" started making their appearance earlier than my 5th month! This is leading me to the point of this post. This morning, Grace was in the bathroom with me standing on her step stool "helping" me put on my makeup. I leaned down close to her face to give her some sponges when she looked at me and said, "Mommy are you alright? Did you hurt yourself?" It took me a minute to figure out that she was talking about my POLKA-DOTTED face!! Poor thing! You should've seen how concerned she looked. After a lengthy explanation that included pregnancy, babies, and birth, she looked a bit confused but quickly changed the subject.


Can the warm weather PLEASE come NOW so I can get some sun on this pasty white skin and my daughter won't think I'm bleeding from my face!! It should be an interesting pregnancy since I obviously won't be able to cover up my chest and arms in the dead heat of summer!


And one more thing.......Grace now sleeps with a pillow in her bed. She has always been a child that likes to bury her head when she sleeps. So you can only imagine how she can worm her way into a cuddly pillow and wake up with a fantastic set of bed head. Yesterday after her nap, I instantly started cracking up when I went to get her after she woke up. Check out the pics to see for yourself! We needed more than a little Johnson's Detangler to get rid of that bird's nest!!




No comments:

Post a Comment