Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Here we go again......



Well it happened again.....we had our second round at the ER on Sunday! I always thought in the back of my mind that I could keep Grace in my little, baby bubble her whole life and nothing would happen to her that included any illnesses, injuries, bumps, bruises, etc. Doesn't every mom think that?!?! And here we are with two ER visits in less than 4 months under our belts! On Sunday, Grace and I were getting ready to head to the grocery store. She was in a closet downstairs playing peek-a-boo when I told her it was time to go. I took ahold of her forearm (in a VERY gentle way.....not in a LET'S GO OR I'M GOING TO PULL YOUR ARM OFF kind of way) to coax her out of the closet. She took a couple of steps and then fell onto her knees. She instantly started crying and pointing to her arm saying, "Ouch!" I knew instantly that she hurt it because she wouldn't even let me look at it without crying. Poor baby! I called Matt, told him to get home IMMEDIATELY,




and off we went. Grace was fine (and even fell asleep before we left for the hospital) as long as she was up against my chest with her left arm pointing up. The doctor took one look at it and popped her elbow right back into place! OUCH!!! While Grace wasn't thrilled with the actual popping back into place, she was fine RIGHT afterwards! SHOOO!! The combination of me having her arm and Grace falling just the right way was a recipe for disaster! Did I feel guilty you're probably asking? Ummm does a Paula Deen recipe have butter in it?? YES, of course I did! I don't care that it was an accident. It still happened nonetheless!


I posted a couple of pics from later that night to show you all that Grace was back to her old self again.....dancing around with her jammies pulled up past her bellybutton!! Oh I love that girl!! She even got a pair of purple gloves to take home as a souvenir!! :)
Hopefully we won't have to visit the ER for round three anytime soon........OR NEVER!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment