Friday, February 11, 2011

Poor Pete!

Poor Pete was our baby for five years before Grace came along. I always wondered how he would react to having a baby in the house. I even put a baby doll in our papasan chair a few times before she was born just to see what he would do. He, of course, gave the doll a good sniff and looked at me as if he was saying, "What kind of dummy do you take me for?" After Grace came home, he didn't pay too much attention to her unless she cried. I remember he jumped up on the changing table during her first diaper change at home after she started crying. And once she became mobile, he just kept his distance! If Pete saw her coming, he would take off in the opposite direction. He decided she wasn't so bad after she started eating solid foods and more would end up in his mouth than hers! But ever since she started walking, the two of them fight like they're siblings! It's like nothing I've ever seen! One will annoy the other and then the tattle fest doesn't stop until I break it up! It's ridiculous! AND THEN Anna came along. Pete has gone down yet another notch on the ol' totem pole BUT he seems to be ok with #2 (and no I'm not talking about poo)! He has been Mr. Protector of her since she was born. After we brought her home, you can bet he was standing right next to whomever was holding her. One night while Matt was playing with the girls, Anna was laying on the floor kicking her feet. One foot was kicking him in the face time and time again but he just laid still and didn't make a peep. THEN Grace came over, touched him, and he "griped" at her and walked off! I'd have to say Anna is DEFINITELY his favorite......until she is able to taunt him as much as Grace does! :) This is a video that I got today of Grace and Pete showing a little "sibling" love. For those of you who don't know Pete too well, don't worry! He barks like that to get her attention BUT would never hurt her! In the video, Grace is trying to get Pete "nice and warm" with his "me" and, as you can see, he LOVES this game! WAHAHA! Watch how he comes over to where I'm sitting to tattle.....and give Anna a little kiss! Oh and, yes, Anna left me a nice surprise after the first couple of grunts you hear!! WAHAHA!! Good times!!

1 comment: