Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Confessions from a Sleep-Deprived Mommy

You all know by now that it has been a rough 6 months in the sleep (or shall I say lack thereof) department around our house.  And quite frankly, you're probably tired of hearing about it!  BUT before you start spitting venom from your mouths, I would like to share a few ridiculous things I've done here recently due to the lack of sleep (or at least that's my excuse).
1.  While driving home from celebrating Christmas with our family and watching Charlotte's Web, this came out of my mouth, "What is the name of the spider?"  Ummmm, yeah!
2.  While sitting and feeding Anna, I was looking around the bonus room for the boppy pillow for a good few minutes before I realized..........it was on my lap!!  DUH!!
3.  Getting extremely upset with an appliance because it wouldn't work.  Yep, it was unplugged!!
4.  Several people have asked me a question only to get the ever-so-present-these-days "deer caught in the headlights" look!  Sorry!
5.  While shopping at Walmart, I dug through my purse (or the never ending black hole) for what seemed like FOREVER searching for my phone only to realize I was ALREADY HOLDING IT!!  Seriously?!?
6.  I have no idea why I was going to search for it, but I couldn't remember the name of "that place out west where people go to hike in deep valleys, go white water rafting, you know....that national park."  Ummm THE GRAND CANYON!!  WOW!
7.  I completely forgot my social security number for one whole day!
8.  I speak "sentences" that no one in their right mind can understand.  Grace has looked at me a few times with that, "WHAT???" look on her face!  Poor thing!
9.  During our trip to the zoo last summer, I forgot to wear deodorant!!  OMG I can't believe I just shared that one!  WAHAHAHA!!  And you all know last summer was NOT a good one to forget that!  Ok, ok, it wasn't as bad as you think!
10.  I was having a phone conversation with someone and was asked a question about it when I hung up.  I had NO IDEA what the answer was!  Don't get me wrong.  I was listening and paying attention to every word BUT I couldn't repeat a dang thing afterwards!!

I think I'll stop right there (I guess I can't say while I'm ahead......WAHAHA!).  I just thought I'd share some of funny (or slightly scary) things that can happen to a brain on very little sleep!  Maybe some of you can relate.  OR you might just think I'm a wackadoodle!!
Oh and shhhhhhh don't let Anna hear this.  I don't want her to hear and decide I've had enough sleep.  She is now (and has been on a good two-week streak) sleeping through the night!!!!  WAHOOOOOOO!!  I can't believe I just said that out loud!  And, yes, now every extremity is now crossed hoping that I didn't just jinx myself!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha....good luck, hope it continues! We aren't there yet, but hope to be someday soon!

    ReplyDelete