Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Easter!!




My Easter post is a few days late, but I didn't want to sit down inside when I could be outside enjoying this gorgeous weather!


Grandma made the trip down to Knoxville on Friday to spend a long weekend with us. We headed to a state park for an Easter egg hunt on Saturday morning.


I was super excited to watch Grace this year. Unfortuately, the egg hunt wasn't all I thought it was going to be. The egg hunt was from 10am - 10:30 am and only for Grace's age group. I was happy to hear about that since the bigger kids usually trample over the poor little ones. The "Lifetime Movie" part of my brain imagined Grace frolicking through the park hunting for eggs while we got some great pictures and maybe even winning a fun prize! Afterwards, we would find a picnic table and have a nice lunch before heading home. Here's what REALLY happened...........
After we FINALLY got to the park, we heard someone say "one minute" as soon as we got out of our cars. We got out of the car as fast as we could to find out that the egg "hunt" is really just a small section of grass taped off with a blue million eggs in the middle. We walked up just as they set the kids (I mean parents) loose. I held Grace's hand while she got 3 eggs and a whole 60 seconds later the whole egg hunt was over! WHAT!! Many of the parents there were chomping at the bit and were picking up handfuls of eggs! Come on people! It's for the kids!!
The good news is Grace couldn't have been any happier about her 3 eggs! Matt wasn't able to get any pictures of the actual hunt, but we did get some cute pics of Grace playing afterwards in the park. Oh and that picnic that I had planned didn't happen due to the 60mph (yes I'm exaggerating) winds that started after the 60 second egg hunt! Oh well! That only makes me want to organize a great one for next year!

















On Easter morning, Grace woke up and took a look at what was in her basket. The Easter bunny brought Grace a tee ball set so listen up neighbors....this is your fair warning that baseballs will be seen flying around our neighborhood very soon! We headed to the early service and came back to start preparing our Easter feast!












Iattempted to make homemade noodles and yeast rolls this year. I'm happy to say that they didn't turn out too bad! WHO HOO! Overall, I'd say our dinner was a success since we all were ready to put our thumbs in our mouths and snuggle up with our "me's" (blankie) at 7:30pm!!







We had a great weekend full of Grandma time, good food, EASTER, sunshine, and "Come on Grandma. Bollow me!"



















No comments:

Post a Comment