Monday, January 18, 2010

We're Back!!







It appears it's been a while since our last update! Well a lot has happened since my last post. First, we have some exciting news to announce from the Gentry household! Drumroll please..........WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!!! That should pretty much explain why I fell of the face of the Earth! I am over 3 months along now, and we're expecting the stork to make a delivery at the end of July. We're VERY excited and can't wait to meet this little person! Grace hasn't fully decided if she wants a "brudder" or a "sitter". She's still going back and forth....you know weighing her options. Do I want someone to play princess tea party with, or maybe someone I can wrestle with and play in the mud?? Decisions can be tough for an almost 2 year old!
Unfortunately, we weren't able to go to IN for Christmas! Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year, and to miss seeing everyone was......well pretty sad! I don't consider myself to be much of a "baby." But when I felt like I could "lose my lunch" at any minute a 7-hour road trip just didn't seem very inviting! On a positive note, we got to experience our first Christmas morning at our own house this year. Matt and I got up early to get at least 3 cameras set up before Grace woke up. Once she woke up, her first response to all her goodies was, "WOW!" It was so cute! She was also THRILLED that Santa didn't eat all of his cookies and she helped herself to his leftovers! Hilarious! We had a lazy day just relaxing and opening our gifts while watching A Christmas Story. Mom and Dad came down on New Year's Day to spend the weekend with us so we at least got in A LITTLE family time!
Matt had several days off work over Christmas, and that couldn't have been more helpful!! He and Grace got in LOTS of one-on-one time, and made LOTS of trips to the grocery store and Wal-Mart! He really stepped up to the plate and took over my usual role of running errands, bathing, playing, etc. So a Big THANK YOU is due to you my little love muffin!! HAHA! I'm sure your face is a shade of red right now!
Also, I apologize for the lack of pictures in this post. It's taking me FOREVER and a day to upload pics these days so I'll try to post more often. We're heading to IN this weekend for Grace's second birthday party (how did that happen!?!?!?) and we're SO excited to see everyone!

1 comment:

  1. WELCOME BACK.. I missed you guys!
    & Congrats. When do ya'll find out what you're having?

    ReplyDelete